New Prepper. Need Advice.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Johnson

Reaction score
Hello all! I am a new prepper and I need some advice as to whether or not I should keep this going. I'm not very serious about it right now, and I'm trying to decide if I want to be. Please reply with why you're prepping and why you think it's a good idea. Also what you do to prep. It would help me out a lot.
Thanks!

Well welcome to the forum. I suppose the question to answer is this. Do you believe the government is going to take care of you and your family when a crisis arises? If you do, then this isn't the place for you. If you think you're going to be left high and dry and you don't want to be stuck in a FEMA camp then this may be the place for you.

Well welcome to the forum. I suppose the question to answer is this. Do you believe the government is going to take care of you and your family when a crisis arises? If you do, then this isn't the place for you. If you think you're going to be left high and dry and you don't want to be stuck in a FEMA camp then this may be the place for you.
I'm sorry I'm not very familiar with FEMA camp's. Could you tell me more?

Do you remember Hurricane Katrina and how all of those people were displaced and placed into what amounted to interment camps? That's what I'm talking about. Just google for it. That can explain it better than I can. I for one am not giving up my rights in order to stand in line for crappy food and a cot in a barracks tent.

Do you remember Hurricane Katrina and how all of those people were displaced and placed into what amounted to interment camps? That's what I'm talking about. Just google for it. That can explain it better than I can. I for one am not giving up my rights in order to stand in line for crappy food and a cot in a barracks tent.
Amen Sister!

I could not have explained any better myself.

I don't want to be mean, but if you can't see what is going on in the USA and what is comming, you don't need to prep. But if you don't, you will be with the millions of Americans that will be digging in trash cans to find food and defending yourself to protect the little bit of food you get from the trash can. Also if you have a wife and daughters that depend on you for their survival, you will be sorry you didn't prep when they are being raped over and over and over and over again and you can't do a damn thing about it. If you are a husband and father you will think about prepping for them, if you won't do it for yourself. If we have another drough or the president declairs Martial Law or a number of other things happen and you don't have anything put away or a way to defend yourself, YOU are screwed. There is alot of info on this site and people willing to help with you're questions. If you decide to stay, Welcome.

As for what my sister (Old- Anorak) said about Katrina was true. I know because I'm from South La. and was right where Katrina hit. My family and I didn't suffer because we were prepped. It wasn't pretty for those that weren't ready. It's up to you if you want to prep or not, but look on youtube and type in Katrina and you will see some of what happened. Well part of it. You won't see pictures of Plaquimine Parish because of all the dead bodies flooting around. I know because I was there. I lived in Plaquimine Parish.

As you can tell by looking at our little profiles... everyone here is pretty much here for somewhat different reason but under the idea that we need to prepare now to protect ourselves and our families/friends should something happen.

I am prepping for several reasons. I live in Florida and while my city never has had a direct hit of a hurricane it would be very silly to think it couldn't happen and it would be very immature not to prepare. (I think Hurricane Dora skirted us back in 1963)

I also am worried about our economy suffering a meltdown. I see how our government is spending and spending regardless of common sense. We are $16,000,000,000 (16 Trillion) in debt with no real way to pay it back in our life time. Let me give you an idea about how large that number is... if I were to pay you $1 a second... it would be over 30 years before I paid you $1,000,000,000 (1 billion). As you know a trillion is a 1,000 billion.

I also see how our country is starting to disintegrate morally and socially. I have seen how the students in our schools behave and how the parents are accepting of their outrageous behavior. I walk in Walmart and what used to be only seen at the circus sideshows is an everyday occurrence (I was there today and I saw this woman with her kids they were just pulling things off the shelf, sending it to the floor, and she didn't care at all what a mess was made or the damage it caused). I see how people expect others to do for them... regardless how others are affected. I see how our government is growing and producing citizens that feel everybody owes them without the responsibility of anything in return. I could go on and on.

Most of us here are not freaks... most of us are really good people... most of the people here DON'T want anything to go wrong. They want to see America be successful. They LOVE this country and the principles it was built on.

I really don't plan on "bugging out" should/when things start to go bad. I hope to stay at home if the SHTF. Others do plan on grabbing their stuff and head to another location.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help in some other way.

As you can tell by looking at our little profiles... everyone here is pretty much here for somewhat different reason but under the idea that we need to prepare now to protect ourselves and our families/friends should something happen.

I am prepping for several reasons. I live in Florida and while my city never has had a direct hit of a hurricane it would be very silly to think it couldn't happen and it would be very immature not to prepare.

I also am worried about our economy suffering a meltdown. I see how our government is spending and spending regardless of common sense. We are $16,000,000,000 (16 Trillion) in debt with no real way to pay it back in our life time. Let me give you an idea about how large that number is... if I were to pay you $1 a second... it would be over 30 years before I paid you $1,000,000,000 (1 billion). As you know a trillion is a 1,000 billion.

I also see how our country is starting to disintegrate morally and socially. I have seen how the students in our schools behave and how the parents are accepting of their outrageous behavior. I walk in Walmart and what used to be only seen at the circus sideshows is an everyday occurrence (I was there today and I saw this woman with her kids they were just pulling things off the shelf, sending it to the floor, and she didn't care at all what a mess was made or the damage it caused). I see how people expect others to do for them... regardless how others are affected. I see how our government is growing and producing citizens that feel everybody owes them without the responsibility of anything in return. I could go on and on.

Most of us here are not freaks... most of us are really good people... most of the people here DON'T want anything to go wrong. They want to see America be successful. They LOVE this country and the principles it was built on.

I really don't plan on "bugging out" should/when things start to go bad. I hope to stay at home if the SHTF. Others do plan on grabbing their stuff and head to another location.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help in some other way.
That is an eloquent summation of said situation. Well spoken, sir.

There are members from all walks of life on this site and we're not idots. There are also many on this site that were ready to give our lives and fought in many wars to protect the USA we use to have. And we want it back. When TSHTF we are willing to fight to protect our families just like we fought to protect YOURS.

Consider prepping as just another insurance policy to help you get through the tough times. It does not have to be a major collapse of society to have a few things put away to smooth out the bad times. Even a loss of a job is a good reason to have a little extra on hand. I have been prepping for years, even before it was about a show on TV! I have used my resources on many occassions and were glad to have them. Sit back, relax and start learning. This is a journey not a race. Glad to have you here!

Hello all! I am a new prepper and I need some advice as to whether or not I should keep this going. I'm not very serious about it right now, and I'm trying to decide if I want to be. Please reply with why you're prepping and why you think it's a good idea. Also what you do to prep. It would help me out a lot.
Thanks!
I hope you got your question answered :) ... and I hope you know that should you decide to start to prepping that we are a good group of people here;) . We are very friendly to friendly people. We like to offer help to those needing it. I also should let you know that there have been people that were set on causing trouble.... and "ain't nobody got time for that!"

So why were you thinking of starting prepping? Besides the zombie apocalypse and the whole Mayan end-of-the-world thing... LOL

Bravery spoke well. But if you can show me any point in history past where people shouldn't have prepared themselves for the disaster that befell them, I'll quit.

welcome aboard johnson glad that you joined..lots of good and nice folks here..i see that your from montana.been through there.great state and location..just like others here.it's a all around great idea to be prepared for any worse case situation no matter what.even if you go 1 to 6 days with no electric from a winter storm,at least your prepared for it.and if you have family to think of.being properly prepared will see to it that thier not only well fed.but well protected as well no matter what comes your way..be it a economic collapse,emp or a winter storm earth quake..there's 2 ways to learn from us.1st is to roam the topics and have a look at some profiles.and the other is to ask questons..i noticed in your profile,that your concern are zombies.a lot of us dont beleave in them,includeing me..(BUT) if you prepare for them in every way possible within reason..then you'll be prepared for about any thing...

Thanks!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hmmmm.... OP hasn't come back. Wondering if OP was a troll trying to start something.

that or he noticed lots of us dont beleave in zombies..but then again.who knows?

Latest posts

Back