New prepper here. looking advice

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First know why your prepping
Then start with a bug out bag.
Then move to mapping (figure out the best place to go if SHTF ) how long it takes to get there how much fuel and how safe it is are key factors.
Survival and tactical skills need to be either learned or sharpened at lease once a week you decide how it's done.
The start your stock pile.
-food
-water
-first aid
-weapons
-ammo
-clothes
-ways to replenish resources

Learn handy man skills, it's better to know a little about a lot then a lot about a little

Well making the decision to start is the first thing to do, so you're well on your way. We've mentioned on here time and time again that the biggest thing you can do is "Get your mind right". Once you realize that things can happen that would require you to step out of the bounds of your ordinary life, you can start prepping for events, whatever they may be.

I generally advise people to see 2 sides of the same coin. Supply Prepping, in which people stock as much as they can in case they don't have access to water or food, etc... Lot of other things too, but you get the point I'm sure... The 2nd is Survivalist Prepping. It's generally less expensive, but takes a lot of time and effort. Hands on experience is a must with Survivalist Prepping because generally speaking, you have VERY little to work with and are on the go out in the great outdoors. There are pluses and minuses to both, so I would advise folks to do as much of both as they can. Almost everyone leans one way or another though. Some have time and little money, so Survivalist Prepping is advantageous to them. Others have tons of money but little time, so they can stockpile things in a safe location, often times separate from their primary home. Some folks have health issues, or enjoy the outdoors.... There are lots of reasons for why they lean a ceratian way, but most importantly, I think folks need to evaluate the most likely events that would necessitate the activation of their plan.

Poke around on the forum and I'm sure you'll find some good info here. Please don't hesitate to share your ideas and experiences too, though.

Im new to this so i need some tips
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

I would just echo the advice above. Bug out bag is the next step, make sure you put one together. You can make one up for about $50 so anyone can do it.

Latest posts

Back