New prepper from WA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emsdad

Reaction score
Hi everyone;

Recently started prepping (about 8 months ago). I've managed to get some water (about 500 gallons) and food stuffs (a couple weeks worth) saved up.

We've started canning, dehydrating, and vacuum sealing in case we are bugging in. We've got our bug out bags almost complete, in case we need to GTFO.

Everyone has started training on weapons (including the two 12 year olds), and both of the adults have CPLs and concealable pistols. Rifles and shotguns too (not so concealable)!

Both children have trained in martial arts for over 4 years and obtained their black belts. Us adults? Well we've done some martial arts training but not nearly to the extent of the kiddos. For us we need to work on our physical conditioning more at this stage.

Just joined the forum to see what kinds of awesome ideas I can glean from more experienced preppers!

Hi everyone;

Recently started prepping (about 8 months ago). I've managed to get some water (about 500 gallons) and food stuffs (a couple weeks worth) saved up.

We've started canning, dehydrating, and vacuum sealing in case we are bugging in. We've got our bug out bags almost complete, in case we need to GTFO.

Everyone has started training on weapons (including the two 12 year olds), and both of the adults have CPLs and concealable pistols. Rifles and shotguns too (not so concealable)!

Both children have trained in martial arts for over 4 years and obtained their black belts. Us adults? Well we've done some martial arts training but not nearly to the extent of the kiddos. For us we need to work on our physical conditioning more at this stage.

Just joined the forum to see what kinds of awesome ideas I can glean from more experienced preppers!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome. Sounds like you're off to a great start. My first suggestion to folks bugging in is always renewable water. In the cities, that often means using rain barrels, so may want to check into these. 500 gallons is a LOT of water to store. Remember, after about 6 months, will need to be treated to stay potable. Still, even 500 gallons will go eventually, especially when you add in cleaning.

Sounds like you have the right idea on food, though again, replenishment is the key, like a small garden. ;)

Latest posts

Back