New Prepper from central Arizona

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simmons

Reaction score
My name is Lucian, as the title suggests I am from Arizona. I plan to join the Army and come out with plenty of training and payment to my country. I'm am an infant concerning my knowledge as a prepper. I mostly keep to myself and am selective about my friends and company, but my friends are the most loyal I've met and I to them. That might just be enough to save me when the SHTF but we'll just have to see.

I'm an excellent shot, and believe myself to have the heart and mindset of a leader. Though those skills have yet to be proven in a heated situation, I feel that my decision making is quick in clear in certain situations and will get things done when things need doing. I feel I am reliable in most situations, I believe I can trust others with certain tasks without being too controlling, I believe I can keep my head during times of trouble and encourage others. I'm not afraid to take responsibility for my actions and am able to take advise and ask questions from those who have put their trust in me. Most important leadership quality of all, I can follow just as well.

For right now, I'm not sure of the possibility of national catastrophe, I can't find many reliable sources convincing me otherwise. Economical collapse, EMP attack, martial law, mass pandemic, these all seem unlikely to happen, and the ones giving the news on such things have so far lead me to believe that they are a bit delusional. All I'm saying is I have yet to come across any sources to make me feel comfortable with spending a majority of my money to stockpiling. So if anyone can point this newbie in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

I have decided to start out preparing for small scale and mostly local disaster. Tornadoes, earthquakes, flooding (very possible during monsoon season in Arizona) or water shortage. I do not have much money, I currently live with my three most loyal friends as roommates and have plenty of extra fun money at the end of the month. We all work hard to stay in shape, and we have no firearms. No stockpiles of any kind or of any quantity. There are plenty of articles on prepping but I think this will be a good website to seek advise from more experienced preppers.

A warm welcome would be much appreciated. Also some beginner tips, fundamentals and whatnot as well if you feel like it. It would be doubly welcome.

My name is Lucian, as the title suggests I am from Arizona. I plan to join the Army and come out with plenty of training and payment to my country. I'm am an infant concerning my knowledge as a prepper. I mostly keep to myself and am selective about my friends and company, but my friends are the most loyal I've met and I to them. That might just be enough to save me when the SHTF but we'll just have to see.

I'm an excellent shot, and believe myself to have the heart and mindset of a leader. Though those skills have yet to be proven in a heated situation, I feel that my decision making is quick in clear in certain situations and will get things done when things need doing. I feel I am reliable in most situations, I believe I can trust others with certain tasks without being too controlling, I believe I can keep my head during times of trouble and encourage others. I'm not afraid to take responsibility for my actions and am able to take advise and ask questions from those who have put their trust in me. Most important leadership quality of all, I can follow just as well.

For right now, I'm not sure of the possibility of national catastrophe, I can't find many reliable sources convincing me otherwise. Economical collapse, EMP attack, martial law, mass pandemic, these all seem unlikely to happen, and the ones giving the news on such things have so far lead me to believe that they are a bit delusional. All I'm saying is I have yet to come across any sources to make me feel comfortable with spending a majority of my money to stockpiling. So if anyone can point this newbie in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

I have decided to start out preparing for small scale and mostly local disaster. Tornadoes, earthquakes, flooding (very possible during monsoon season in Arizona) or water shortage. I do not have much money, I currently live with my three most loyal friends as roommates and have plenty of extra fun money at the end of the month. We all work hard to stay in shape, and we have no firearms. No stockpiles of any kind or of any quantity. There are plenty of articles on prepping but I think this will be a good website to seek advise from more experienced preppers.

A warm welcome would be much appreciated. Also some beginner tips, fundamentals and whatnot as well if you feel like it. It would be doubly welcome.
Simmons,

First I would like to say welcome to the site and the family. Here you will find a lot of information and great advice. There are many forums and many topics for you to look at and post comments.

I can tell by what you wrote that you are young. That is a great thing and you living with friends is also a great thing. With that then, I can see that you have not yet "started" prepping. And you asked why and or what you may want to do....well, You are on the right start with understand about weather or what mother nature could deal you, and it is great that you are a leader and in shape.

I want to ask you a question. You said that you wanted to go in to the Army? Well consider this, our army preps everyday! They train for all types of events. Urban warfare, enemy combat, martial law, mass pandemic, EMP attack ( or natural), and YES even ZOMBIE attacks and even more events that I didn't even mention!! So, if our military trains and prepares for these events then why wouldn't you?

To often I see and hear of people that are not doing anything to even take care of themselves in the event that anyone one of the above mentioned events happen. Do you think that there will always be someone around to do it for you? Being a FREE American does not mean that you do not have to take the responsibility to care for yourself and your family!

Events are happening all over all the time! Ones we hear about and MANY more that we do not! You must have come to know this or you would not be seeking information and support and advice!

Best advice I can say is start out slow and include your friends and family!! Water, extra food, first aid, a plan of action in case you have to leave, and gather as much information as you can!! You do not have to spend a lot of money and you do not have to go overboard. Nobody can give you a printed outline of everything you will need only you can decide what is best for you!

Good luck and remember to visit the site often new ideas and advice are just a click away!

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Well Simmons, I want to welcome you to the site. Feel free to ask about anything that you are not sure of or want to know. We are like a family here. You said that you were a good shot but don't have any weapons. How do you come to the conclusion that you are a good shot? I'm not doubting that you are a good shot, just seems odd. I'm like mama, reading your intro, you seem to be young. Which might be to your advantage. At least you are trying to find out what is giong on at an early age. There are alot of spots here on the site that youo can go and research why we believe what we do. As you grow up, you will have more wisdom.
You said that you stayed in shape. Well, good for you. That will be one of the most valuable things you will need when TSHTF. You don't have to believe anything we say on this site, but you might want to. There are alot of us on this site that have been around for a long and have done and seen many things that let us know that we are headed for HARD TIMES.
Being from the swamps of La., I've been a survivalist or prepper for most of my life. I'm not scared of what is coming, I'm ready for it. What you need to ask yourself is WHAT IF WE ARE RIGHT. Again Welcome.

Welcome aboard ! the guys pretty much nailed it so my advise is this, start slow, a week or two of water and food maybe a get home bag " just a back pack with essential items to get you home". Protection !

Simmons, usually prepping starts with localized threats then you can start moving into the grander scale of things (longer term prepping).

I started seriously preparing for Typhoons (which we have here on a regular basis) after getting hit by Typhoon Ondoy (Name: Ketsana) in 2009 and now have included other scenarios as possibilities (e.g. Solar Flare/EMP, War with China, etc.)

Latest posts

Back