Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subicraze

Reaction score
hi i'm subicraze and i'm new to the world of prepping. i come to find that even though we look safe now... we are vulnerable and i want to take some serious action and become prepared. i would like my family on board but its hard and maybe u can help me in that too. i came here to learn and to take in as much as i can, after all knowledge is a tool... but i need practice too cause whats the point if u cant use a learned skill. i am outgoing and love cars after all i became a mechanic. i am also very crafty and a ok problem solver. rather work with my hands an do something than just reading from a book...i not to keen in reading instructions so yeah im that kind of person.... just puts things together and makes it work. any way thanks and i look forward towards this new path that i have taken. hope to learn a lot but most of all on the path to being prepared.

Welcome. The biggest trick to getting the rest of the family onboard is to NOT approach it as prepping for doomsday or a permanent SHTF event. Approach it as prep for a temporary thing, like loss of job, natural disaster where power is out for a week, etc. Do that, and you'll get more buy in. Educate them on the folks that dealt with Katrina if they don't feel like it is realistic. I know some prepped folks in LA who weathered Katrina just fine, even though they had no power for weeks. In fact, they had quite a party, grilling up all the meat they had stored in the freezer, etc. Meanwhile, those who weren't prepared faced FEMA camps, horrid conditions in the city, etc.

hi i'm subicraze and i'm new to the world of prepping. i come to find that even though we look safe now... we are vulnerable and i want to take some serious action and become prepared. i would like my family on board but its hard and maybe u can help me in that too. i came here to learn and to take in as much as i can, after all knowledge is a tool... but i need practice too cause whats the point if u cant use a learned skill. i am outgoing and love cars after all i became a mechanic. i am also very crafty and a ok problem solver. rather work with my hands an do something than just reading from a book...i not to keen in reading instructions so yeah im that kind of person.... just puts things together and makes it work. any way thanks and i look forward towards this new path that i have taken. hope to learn a lot but most of all on the path to being prepared.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back