New member...single mother of 3. Want to prepare to protect them.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonfly4835

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a single mom of 3. 25 yr old boy, 17 yr old daughter and 16 yr old boy. I want to begin prepping for our safety. I have not started with any stockpiles, bunker, etc. Newbie and want to get started immediately.

Welcome. Please check the thread titled "New to here" by MotherBear, and see my reply there for some general prep tips, if you like.

Dragonfly, welcome, there's a lot of great info here and more gets added daily. Ronin, thanks for the link.

Welcome to the forum Dragonfly. With your children's ages, you should be able to teach them to protect themselves as well. See if you can find a gun range that gives family memberships and go diligently. Let them rent and try a variety of weapons before laying down the money for something.

Hi everyone! I am a single mom of 3. 25 yr old boy, 17 yr old daughter and 16 yr old boy. I want to begin prepping for our safety. I have not started with any stockpiles, bunker, etc. Newbie and want to get started immediately.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hello there! Now dont try to do everything at once, like I did. Itll make ya ping out :). Gotta start with the basics like water, food, medicines, and grow your stock piles and catagories from there.

Hello there! Now dont try to do everything at once, like I did. Itll make ya ping out :). Gotta start with the basics like water, food, medicines, and grow your stock piles and catagories from there.
Thanks MahoganyEclipse! I am heading to a gun show today hoping to find some stuff I am looking for.

you asked about the ak-47 ak-15 m-15 and m-16 in shoutbox..im wondering.do you have any weapons already? if so,what you have..22 and other low calibar guns come to mind.handguns and rifles alike..thier good for hunting small as well as up close protection.then there's good hunting rifles like the 30.30.

Welcome! Mahogany is right. Pick areas to accomplish with small steps. Trying to take on too uncheck will drive ya batty. Gun shows are over inflated in price. Local gun stores will offer better deals or you can purchase off the grid.

Welcome to the family Dragonfly.

The very reason i started prepping, my twins are 9yo and i started prepping about 5 years ago. More serious about 2 years ago.

The very thought of failing them both scares the hell out of me AND drives me harder to be prepared for them.

Welcome and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back