New Member - lost on the forum! (but now found!)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harkin

Reaction score
You're in the right vicinity, but this particular thread called "New Member" is JoeGrizzly's introduction. Yeah, I know, the generic thread title is kinda confusing, but confusing is what we do best, LOL.
Just back up a level to "New Member Introductions" and make your own thread if you want. Then you can make a "proper" introduction.
And Howdy from down on the Hooch!
Thank you Dr Henley for pointing me in the right direct and apologies to Joe for honing in on your introduction. I should have looked more thoroughly before I leaped! I'll try to delete my junk from Joe's and repost it here.

OK, let's try again!
Hi all! I am Harkin from the great state of Georgia.
My wife and I and our three other founders (all of us engineers!) have just retired at the beginning of this year so that we could work on our facility full time. All of us are in our 60s except for one who is retired at 39! Damn kids!

My goal here is to hopefully bounce ideas off you and give engineering advice if anyone wants to hear what I think?
In the summer of 2018, my wife and I made the long drive to Edgemont, South Dakota.
Our mission was to visit and learn what we could about Vivos xPoint where over 500 families each have their own hardened concrete shelter.
We met a lot of super nice folks who proudly showed us their setups.
It was a sharing community for sure and yet everyone was on their own in a very remote and environmentally hostile location.
Remote is what they wanted and that's what they have.
I could see huge potential for some, but it was just too remote for us.
I'm glad we did it and was super inspired to go back and share what I'd seen with my partners.

We haven't got to see it yet, but in a few weeks we have arrangements to visit Dave V's 125,000 square foot survival facility in nearby Florida.
I could deal with Florida winters a lot better than I could with South Dakota's!
Also on our bucket list is to try to get permission to go see :
--An owner modified Atlas Missile Silo.
--Trident Lakes development in Dallas.
--Trump's huge government built underground bunker under his Mar A Lago golf course!
--Cheyenne Mountain!
--The bunker at White Sulphur Springs resort in West Virginia (supposedly open to public tours. Anyone been??)
--Raven Rock near the Blue Ridge Summit in Pennsylvania.
--Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center near Bluemont, Virginia
--The facility below the Denver Airport

The WOPR would probably detect your presence and ask you if you want to play a game!

The WOPR would probably detect your presence and ask you if you want to play a game!
Harkin welcome. I’m sure Joe didn’t mind you sharing his space. You have traveled much how did you enjoy the many paintings at Denver Airport
13DCF9EE-51F3-460A-8483-765C2E1B3442.jpeg
7C91AC7D-0C65-4C0A-A182-E7CCF2F25701.jpeg

Last edited:
Been through the Denver Airport several times over the years, but always on our way somewhere else, so we were always racing to make it to the next flight and never got to stop and admire the artwork! Now Colorado Springs, I have flown into, and spent some time there. We really enjoyed walking through the Garden of the Gods and also got as close as we could get to NORAD around 1982, but didn't get to see the interior of the famous Cheyenne Mountain. We live only a day's drive from Mar A Lago , but I don't think we're going to be allowed to see that bunker either!

A much nice place Colorado Springs I can see why you enjoyed the garden of the gods much beautiful
8FA004FD-86A3-4D2B-8BBF-70BFA04BBD98.jpeg

Welcome from Germany. You´ll like to see a lot of concrete, don`t you? We don´t have the rocketsilos but still you can find underground facilities from the time 1935 to 1990. If there´s anything newer than this, the kept the secret top secret. I´d like to know, what´s buried under Rammstein.

The Fuher Bunker is that still a dwelling place under a playground somewhere . Last I read they were going destroy it completely.?

The Fuher Bunker is that still a dwelling place under a playground somewhere . Last I read they were going destroy it completely.?
Fuher? If you mean the "Führer Bunker" in Berlin - that was blown up through soviet soldiers, leveled and filled. There´s still some left but buried. No place to live in.
Yet there are bunkers from the coldwar in Berlin that are rebuilt to flats, because there was no chance blowing them up.

The bunkers of the DDR-Government are more interesting. There is a lot to explore, but nothing for sale or freely accessible. The modern hobby of exploring lost places and geocaching brought a lot of those objects "back to light".

Sadly to ad: The german government determined that after the cold war there will be no more war on german soil. So they reduced the civil protection, dissolved the strategic food storages and ignored the existance of shelters or even rebuild them. There´s nothing left, that could easily be activated again. Example: The Emergency hoxpital Gunzenhausen. A fully equiped hospital under a schoolbuilding. 1996 it was closed and since 2007 it´s fu***** museum.

Last edited:
Fuher? If you mean the "Führer Bunker" in Berlin - that was blown up through soviet soldiers, leveled and filled. There´s still some left but buried. No place to live in.
Yet there are bunkers from the coldwar in Berlin that are rebuilt to flats, because there was no chance blowing them up.

The bunkers of the DDR-Government are more interesting. There is a lot to explore, but nothing for sale or freely accessible.
Thank you. I’m sure there be many vast underground systems all over Germany from what you have mentioned. I’m sure it be a paradise for bunker lovers

Interested in an (incomplete) list? Liste von Bunkeranlagen – Wikipedia
Schlack that’s quite quite a listing along with other nations and countries mentioned as well. Seems many bunny rabbits. Even though I do not know German so well so not understand everything written . But I do understand Frankfurt and Frankfurter sausage I do like very much : ) 👩🏻‍🔧 thank you again

;)You´ve never tried Thüringer sausages oder Nürnberger sausages, did you? Also the Coburger sausages are very nice. 😁

Sorry for the OT.

So much sausage on offer. Schlack I must be sure to make note of the October feast this year I’ll keep my eye out for such salty treats : ) . In Australia we generally just call them Sangers or Bangers

Last edited:
Welcome Harkin from another Georgian! We are in the mountains of Georgia. While I understand your desire as an engineer to see all of those bunkers on your list, you do realize that time is very short, right? The Globalists and our own government is killing our food supply as we type.

You are exactly right, we would totally geek out if we got to see Cheyenne Mountain etc. but we joint-own a property between our 4 families, so we have utilitarian reasons to see as many other places as possible so we minimize how long it takes to become operational. We want to try to capitalize on the successes of others and avoid mistakes they may be willing to share. Now that we're retired, we are accelerating our build. I think the facility in Florida has everything we could want to emulate. The anticipation is almost painful. I think you are correct, the time may be short.

Last edited:
Sacramento? I hear the cost of living is crazy there. You could sell your place for a million and probably live high on the hog here in Georgia!

Latest posts

Back