New member from the Philippines

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhotzeppelin

Reaction score
Hello there! everyone, I am a new member from the Philippines, and feel so very blessed me and my family weren't directly affected by the recent super typhoon. Presently some of my countrymen are experiencing doomsday like scenarios in Tacloban city, as people there are forced to loot, as most of them couldn't get their necessities even from relief goods sent by the government, as logistics there is a nightmare....sadly only now I have realized I may need to gather as much information I can to be prepared, that is why I ended here in this forum. I hope to learn as much to be prepared as i am a confessed newbie on preparation for disaster, and hopefully try to share as much as I can as well. God bless everyone!

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....
glad to hear that you and your family is alright

Kamusta kaibigan at maligayang pagdating, make your self at home, feel free to ask any questions or join in on any topic we all learn from each other here. Your fellow countrymen are in our prayers. I lived in the Philippines for three years when I was younger, it's a great place with wonderful people and it will always hold a special place in my hart.

Hello there! everyone, I am a new member from the Philippines, and feel so very blessed me and my family weren't directly affected by the recent super typhoon. Presently some of my countrymen are experiencing doomsday like scenarios in Tacloban city, as people there are forced to loot, as most of them couldn't get their necessities even from relief goods sent by the government, as logistics there is a nightmare....sadly only now I have realized I may need to gather as much information I can to be prepared, that is why I ended here in this forum. I hope to learn as much to be prepared as i am a confessed newbie on preparation for disaster, and hopefully try to share as much as I can as well. God bless everyone!
Again, I'm also glad to hear you and your family are ok. The images sent out are heart wrenching. I was in fla when Andrew hit and it was bad, but not near the desperation I'm seeing there. I'm not real big on prayer, but think I say one this evening, stay safe and welcome to this forum., brent

A Warm Welcome, kababayan! Saan ka sa Pinas?

There are other Filipinos here also, we have our own section here. Do you have a group in PH? Several guys and I have formed a group, we are mostly in Metro Manila with some in the Visayas and one in Mindanao.

Good to hear you and your family are safe.

It sometimes takes a disaster to make people realize that prepping is now a necessity.

Glad to see you here and very happy to hear that you and your family are safe.

Thanks for the welcome guys. We have two kids and i don't want to be put in a disadvantage, When such a day comes... @overload kababayan i am from quezon city and feel very blessed and greatly saddend of what happened. Same as with ondoy we were very lucky we were not affected by the flood. Currently, because i am a edc addict. I am already equipped with led lights with low lumen for long use. Hand cranked radio with cellphone charger. Multi tools and emergency whistles, but thats about it. I don't have any group as of now.

Thanks for the welcome guys. We have two kids and i don't want to be put in a disadvantage, When such a day comes... @overload kababayan i am from quezon city and feel very blessed and greatly saddend of what happened. Same as with ondoy we were very lucky we were not affected by the flood. Currently, because i am a edc addict. I am already equipped with led lights with low lumen for long use. Hand cranked radio with cellphone charger. Multi tools and emergency whistles, but thats about it. I don't have any group as of now.

We have members from QC like Thirdworldprepper and Doomsday Prepper Philippines (in FB). I am from Makati. Will organize a meeting with the group so you can also join us.

I was a victim of Ondoy and know what it is like to live through something like that although not to the extent of Yolanda (Haiyan).

Be Safe Always

Last edited:
redhotzeppelin, welcome!

Our thoughts and prayers are with your countrymen. I hear that the aircraft carrier USS George Washington is arriving to begin massive relief efforts to Tacloban city. The suffering there is unimaginable.

From what I understand, the carrier has the ability to produce 1.5 million liters of fresh water per day from seawater, although that amount staggers the mind.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome and thank god your safe. Look around, there is plenty to learn. Don't be afraid to ask questions or contribute

Latest posts

Back