New member from Louisiana

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davmy

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been prepping for about 2 years now and sometimes thought I was strange. In the last year or so I have met more and more people who agree with me and what I have been doing. Really glad to have found this sight as it seems there are a ton of like minded people here. Look forward to learning from you guys and gals and hpefully putting up some helpful information.

And the rest of y'all can leave me be, I'm on pain meds tonight! :p

No tin foil hat but i do have a certain set of electronics in a farraday box. Does that count?

And the rest of y'all can leave me be, I'm on pain meds tonight! :p
Hey Old_Anorak, how did you know what I was wearing? LOL. Hope your pain gets better. It is sad to hear of one of us hurting. And Welcome Davmy from south La. Where in south La. are you. Im south of Lafayette. You are right, there are quite a few of us preppers here in south La. The guys ( I know, And Gals) here are a real blessing. If you have anything that you need to know, just ask and someone on this site will know or be able to lead you in the right direction. Lately I have been watching the weather in the north and they are having hell up there. We are in for some rain Sun. & Mon. Hope it doesn't screw up the survival trip along the bayou I have planned with my grandson. Although when TSHTF happens we won't have perfect weather all the time. So, if it rains on us, he will learn how to make a shelter that will keep him dry. We are going out with only the basics, knife, flint, canteen, trash bags, weapons. Old_Anorak said that she was on her pain meds, but even on her meds, she knows more than most of us on gardening that are not on meds. If you need to know about gardening, she is the one to ask.

Thank you Mastercajun. I've had a migraine this week that just will not let up. I will own up to knowing a bit about gardening, but there's a fair few others here as well, jeepgirl and danilgrl54 for a few and Lordy I hope I got her name right. If I didn't, she has my permission to kick me in my behind.

Man that sounds like a great weekend. I am north of Baton Rouge, so right around the corner. Have fun and be safe this weekend.

It is Danil54grl. And from your post Davmy, sounds like you know a think or three yourself.

Thank you Mastercajun. I've had a migraine this week that just will not let up. I will own up to knowing a bit about gardening, but there's a fair few others here as well, jeepgirl and danilgrl54 for a few and Lordy I hope I got her name right. If I didn't, she has my permission to kick me in my behind.

Check out my post on gardening in the DIY section. Left a pretty lengthy posts with a few tips on stuff to plant and how to extend seasons.

Welcome , always good to see another coonass that realizes whats going on........ I thought old anorak threw her tinfoil hat away !

Welcome , always good to see another coonass that realizes whats going on........ I thought old anorak threw her tinfoil hat away !
Hey Dude, how the hell you doing? You ready for the rain Sun. & Mon.? Oh and about old-anorak, as I hear she is like me, she never throws anything away. As soon as you throw anything away, that's when you will need it. It's just sad to hear she is hurting so bad. And old-anorak you are right about jeepgirl and danil54grl. They have come up with some good ideas also. Sorry about that girls. Dude, with this new member, it gives us another coonass to communicate with. us coonasses are all in the same boat when TSHTF. At least we are all pretty close to each other to help when it does hit. Thats not if but WHEN because we all know it is comming. Well, Davmy as you see around here we can get serious but we also like to joke around. Life is to screwed up to be serious all the time.

Hi all, I have been prepping for about 2 years now and sometimes thought I was strange. In the last year or so I have met more and more people who agree with me and what I have been doing. Really glad to have found this sight as it seems there are a ton of like minded people here. Look forward to learning from you guys and gals and hpefully putting up some helpful information.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

The members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome buddy, from Denham springs.

Hey Dude, how the hell you doing? You ready for the rain Sun. & Mon.? Oh and about old-anorak, as I hear she is like me, she never throws anything away. As soon as you throw anything away, that's when you will need it. It's just sad to hear she is hurting so bad. And old-anorak you are right about jeepgirl and danil54grl. They have come up with some good ideas also. Sorry about that girls. Dude, with this new member, it gives us another coonass to communicate with. us coonasses are all in the same boat when TSHTF. At least we are all pretty close to each other to help when it does hit. Thats not if but WHEN because we all know it is comming. Well, Davmy as you see around here we can get serious but we also like to joke around. Life is to screwed up to be serious all the time.
Master cajun is one funny couyon. lol.

Latest posts

Back