New Kid on the Block

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmanchin

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been interested in prepping for some time now but just recently actually put my thoughts to actions. I am scouring the web for information and learning a lot. I'm a 25 year old private software developer and self employed. Just goes to show you that all walks of life prep. Most people I know assume your prepper is a hillbilly in the mountains. However at the moment, I'm a bit of a closet prepper, as I don't think my family would think highly of it. I would love to learn as much as I can, and share it with those who find themselves in my position, new and unsure. I look forward to learning and sharing my experiences with you all.

Patrick

My brother goes ballistic whenever I mention prepping. It's stupid he says. Ill just go out guns blazing. Way to be the stereotypical redneck dumb ### I think to myself. But he's my brother and I want him to get ready. Here's how his intervention is going. People freak out at the mention of doomsday. So what I've found is that people ignore the obvious signs because they are usually scared and wouldn't know where to start prepping so they just do nothing. I went with more socially acceptable prepping ideas like saving money by building a solar panel, a wind generator, methane generator(biodigester) to make natural gas. Stuff that will cut utility bills. Once I got him to think its a good idea to save money I just throw up what about another project. How about a global bucket garden. Then step up to aquaponics gardening. He is now prepping but if you asked him if he's a prepper he would say no. He's just being environmentally conscious and saving money on bills. See where I'm going with this?

Welcome, Patrick. Thanks for joining. I understand that your fam may not think highly of it, but you're doing the right hting. If things do get ugly, you''ll be able to help them out just as much. If not, then at least you had fun while you were at it.

Best of luck to ya. I hope you enjoy it here.

Hi,

I have been interested in prepping for some time now but just recently actually put my thoughts to actions. I am scouring the web for information and learning a lot. I'm a 25 year old private software developer and self employed. Just goes to show you that all walks of life prep. Most people I know assume your prepper is a hillbilly in the mountains. However at the moment, I'm a bit of a closet prepper, as I don't think my family would think highly of it. I would love to learn as much as I can, and share it with those who find themselves in my position, new and unsure. I look forward to learning and sharing my experiences with you all.

Patrick
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back