New here, saying hi

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ovmaggie2

Reaction score
From Bloomington, IN. Been around too long I guess and getting way too cynical. Not liking what I am seeing going on all around. Not liking the documentaries that I've been watching and what they are opening my eyes even further to. But it is all making me realize that I need to speed up a little and get myself better prepared for what is coming. And that is why I am here. I don't know enough about firearms, I am sure there are too many things that I'm not thinking of that I need to have when it all starts rolling, and maybe there are some groups out there that have room for another that won't be coming empty handed.

Welcome! Search around. . . lot's of info here already and if you don't find it just ask. Lot's of great people here that are willing to help you out

Welcome to the Doomsday Prepper Forum, ovmaggie2.

I can identify with ... "Been around too long I guess and getting way too cynical." I was born a cynic.

I gotta ask ... "How empty-handed?" There are 4 things that come to my mind when I think survival after 'things' get ugly. They are water, food, shelter and security. ... with a huge gamut in between. Everything you need to know can be found on the internet now days (wish they would have been around 30-40 years ago).

You said: "I don't know enough about firearms." That is a misleading statement. It's difficult to measure ... 'enough'.

If you are serious and believe you should become a prepper ... get a shot gun. (12 Ga.)

That should stir up controversy. I advise a 12 gauge because it is in my opinion anyway a simple weapon that can be mastered very quickly. There's not a whole lot of things to learn beyond safety ... point and fire.

Store water ... build up your food stores ... and most important of all ... educate yourself.

I meant to include this in my reply.

If you are looking for a group to welcome you into the fold ... you better be prepared to bring some skill to the table. You don't happen to have a background in the medical field ... do ya??????????????

Thanks for the welcome Danil54grl and BerettaFan.

I am serious about preparing. I have been beginning to do what I can with the limitations I face. Collecting and storing heritage produce and herb seeds, collecting information on storing food and seed, medicinal uses of plants, etc., keeping rather than throwing out old sheets and towels. Started my lists tonight of food and other supplies that I will start picking up as I make my weekly grocery trips. Thinking of things like water purification tables vs. jugs of water - for ease of transporting.

I probably should have said I don't know anything about firearms, other than the fact that I know I need to get one, learn to use and have the ammunition for it. I appreciate your advice on the 12 gauge. Simple is best for me, at least for now.

Coming to this group and joining up, watching videos and documentaries, talking to like-minded folks, saving instructions and other important info to my computer to be printed off, making my lists, thinking, thinking, thinking....I am doing all I can to educate myself. I agree with you, that is the most important thing.

Again, thanks for the welcome and the info. Look forward to chatting with you about others thoughts as I move on through this process.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Welcome!

That should stir up controversy. I advise a 12 gauge because it is in my opinion anyway a simple weapon that can be mastered very quickly. There's not a whole lot of things to learn beyond safety ... point and fire.

No argument here. Cheap to get, easy to use, and right now, you could walk into a WalMart and come out with some ammo. Try THAT with most other weapons....

From Bloomington, IN. Been around too long I guess and getting way too cynical. Not liking what I am seeing going on all around. Not liking the documentaries that I've been watching and what they are opening my eyes even further to. But it is all making me realize that I need to speed up a little and get myself better prepared for what is coming. And that is why I am here. I don't know enough about firearms, I am sure there are too many things that I'm not thinking of that I need to have when it all starts rolling, and maybe there are some groups out there that have room for another that won't be coming empty handed.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back