New guy from Ohio

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkbait

Reaction score
Hey everybody,glad to be here.I live in rural Ohio with my wife and two boys.Been prepping for quite some time and now we are well underway at getting our feet wet with homesteading and will hopefully be fully self reliant within the next year.

Decided to join to chat with some like minded folks,give a hand where I can and hopefully pick up a few new tricks and skills myself.

So...hello!

Welcome to the forums, It's great to see more and more are awake, and preparing. Welcome aboard. Lot's of great info here.

howdy sharkbait..and welcome aboard..there's lots of great and knoladgeable folks here..so your bound to learn somptin here.and maybe we'll learn a bit from you

Hey everybody,glad to be here.I live in rural Ohio with my wife and two boys.Been prepping for quite some time and now we are well underway at getting our feet wet with homesteading and will hopefully be fully self reliant within the next year.

Decided to join to chat with some like minded folks,give a hand where I can and hopefully pick up a few new tricks and skills myself.

So...hello!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hello bait... great having you. Tell us more about yourself and watch these guys work their mojo. They are great and there seems to be some experts in almost every field imaginable. Welcome qnd thanks for joining.

Glad that you are here to learn along with all of us. There is a lot of good inforation with the members, and love that we can learn from you too.

Wow!Thanks for the warm welcome!And tell you a little about myself?..Well,i'll try not to bore ya,but i'm a retired HVAC contractor that woke up several years ago realizing that we are in a bad place (both our country and the world) and things are progressively getting worse at an alarming rate.I believe it's just a matter of time,one wrong political move,one terrorist,one big weather event,etc away from complete chaos.My young children,my homestead,my like minded neighbors and my lifestyle will keep us from bugging out except in a last ditch,have to, effort.But we,as a small community,have that in our plans.

We are raising replenishible meats (rabbit,chicken and tilapia),and this year i've doubled our garden size and rain collection system to not only boost our preps,but to help offset the inflation on our end.We also trade alot of goods with neighbors,it works out pretty good and has built a strong common bond over the years.

Been trying to upgrade a bit here and there by tampering with solar power for an alternative energy,but wow,it's a slow process that adds up fast.Too fast for my budget,may start looking at wind and water since I have a nice stream that flows through my property.

I have a simple approach to prepping that can be summed up in two words.Balance and redundancy.You need 3 basic things to survive-food,water and shelter,most preppers know this,but none of it is worth anything if you can't defend it from those who will want to take it from you.

Thanks kcdevildog,we didn't get where we are overnight,it takes time and money (two things i never seem to have enough of) just remember to keep all in balance and still enjoy life too!

Welcome Mr Bean / Johnny English :). Really liked your profile picture and love Rowan Atkinson as Blackadder, Mr Bean and Johnny English. Hope you will enjoy your time here.
Balance and redundancy? Works for more than prepping.

Wow!Thanks for the warm welcome!And tell you a little about myself?..Well,i'll try not to bore ya,but i'm a retired HVAC contractor that woke up several years ago realizing that we are in a bad place (both our country and the world) and things are progressively getting worse at an alarming rate.I believe it's just a matter of time,one wrong political move,one terrorist,one big weather event,etc away from complete chaos.My young children,my homestead,my like minded neighbors and my lifestyle will keep us from bugging out except in a last ditch,have to, effort.But we,as a small community,have that in our plans.

We are raising replenishible meats (rabbit,chicken and tilapia),and this year i've doubled our garden size and rain collection system to not only boost our preps,but to help offset the inflation on our end.We also trade alot of goods with neighbors,it works out pretty good and has built a strong common bond over the years.

Been trying to upgrade a bit here and there by tampering with solar power for an alternative energy,but wow,it's a slow process that adds up fast.Too fast for my budget,may start looking at wind and water since I have a nice stream that flows through my property.

I have a simple approach to prepping that can be summed up in two words.Balance and redundancy.You need 3 basic things to survive-food,water and shelter,most preppers know this,but none of it is worth anything if you can't defend it from those who will want to take it from you.

Great last paragraph, Well said !

Thanks guys and glad to be here.

And to The Norwegian,haha,I picked the avatar because I thought it would help others get my sometimes kooky personallity.You are also very right,balance and redundancy can be applied to many,many things in life with the same good results.

Welcome Sharkbait. I was hop U was fin wat U was need heeer. Dar was be sum smart fello heeer. So welcum frum Sout La. We was ben prep far long tiim. It was sur tak tiim to ben don riit. All bull sh$t aside, Welcome to the forum. There are members here from all walks of life and are willing to help all we can.

Latest posts

Back