New from TN

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calypso

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a 24 year old female from southern Tennessee. I work in a hospital, and I'm also currently a student. I'm just starting to get into the prepping world, much to the dismay of my family. I really want to put a lot of my focus on a semi-homesteading lifestyle to prepare for something like an economic collapse. I can hunt and fish, and I raise and butcher my own chickens. I also love my garden and would love to start growing things better suited to prepping eventually. I am really hoping to get some guidance here as I enter into the world of prepping, especially since my family is less than supportive. Thank you guys for having me!

Hi Calypso ( thats a great song BTW by John Denver) Start off with research and a plan then develop your prepping and homesteading off slowly. Allow great flexability in your planning and try not to focus only on one threat or concern. Check out whats best value for money with other folks before making large purchases. Do develop an essential EDC loadout for your own personal needs. Be alert and plan / respond with consideration. Panic buying and rash purchases are not the way forward.

Oh and use the SEARCH button on here there is some great info in the files.

Last edited:
howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.

Warm welcome from another Texan from the group. We homestead for the most part, just not this last year taking in my MIL to live with us during her final days. I am going to be back at the gardening when spring comes but we are still raising meat on the hoof.

G'day from Down Under.
We've had a few events here where prepping helped get through the situations.
Your on the right track - keep it up.

Hello! I'm a 24 year old female from southern Tennessee. I work in a hospital, and I'm also currently a student. I'm just starting to get into the prepping world, much to the dismay of my family. I really want to put a lot of my focus on a semi-homesteading lifestyle to prepare for something like an economic collapse. I can hunt and fish, and I raise and butcher my own chickens. I also love my garden and would love to start growing things better suited to prepping eventually. I am really hoping to get some guidance here as I enter into the world of prepping, especially since my family is less than supportive. Thank you guys for having me!
Howdy from Texas!
There is so much great information on this site and so many knowledgeable people who can answer pretty much any question and have great ideas. Most everyone here is very supportive of "newbies" so you've come to the right place.
It's great to see other young women on here. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. It sounds like you have quite a few skills already that will come in handy. I love gardening too but right now I live an apartment where potted plants are my only options. I grew up out in the country though so I have gardened quite a bit in the past.
Sorry your family isn't supportive. Some of my family supports prepping but others think I'm ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back