New from Madison, WI (*Doubletap Jack*)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubletap Jack

Reaction score
Hey fellow preppers!

I've noticed that there are not too many people in my area that are on the same page as me. I am not sure exactly HOW the world is going to end but I know we are close to it. How do I know?....obama (purposely not capitalized) got re-elected, china stole plans from a US F35, Russia has had a Nuclear submarine 300 miles off the coast of the US, Iran has take shots at a US drone, the Bangazi incident, the war in the middle-east...MUST I GO ON?!? It will either be a citizen revolt, nuke war, zombie apocalypse, or everyone just goes crazy...

So besides myself, I have two friends who are prepping but others just agree with me but ARE DOING NOTHING! This bugs me. So I am GLAD I foudn this forum while at work tonight. I plan on being here quite a bit. Especially that I downloaded the TapaTalk App!

Ok, so a little more about me. I am a 25 year old male from Madison, Wisconsin. I used to be a cop and not work in security. I plan on saving up and moving to the corner of Alaska with my new jeep, which I am turning into a mobile assault vehicle ;-) , and building my hold-up there. I have yet to buy my bug-out bag but here is my list so far...any suggestions would be appreciated for this new prepper.

Deluxe Hikers Backpack
24 Pouches of Datrex Water
24 - 200 Calorie Food Bars
Am/Fm Radio with Headphones & Batteries
Rechargeable Squeeze Flashlight 30 hour usage
5-in-1 Survival Whistle - compass, signal mirror, flint starter, waterproof container & shrill whistle
2 Green Emergency Light sticks
Box of 50 Waterproof Matches
Emergency Survival Sleeping Bag
2 - 16 Hour Body Warmer
1 - 2 Person Tube Tent with Rope
2 - Emergency Ponchos with Hood
16 Function Knife
Leather Palm Working Gloves
2 - N95 Respirator Dust Mask
60 feet of nylon rope
2 - Hygiene Kits - Including soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, 9 wet wipes & 4 packs of 3 Ply Pocket Tissue Comprehensive first aid kit
Deck of playing cards
Infectious Waste Bag
Compass
200ft paracord
Military can openers
100oz cambelbak pack
3 pack steripens
12 pack highway flares
Ceramic knife sharpener
Snare trapping kit
Emergency sleeping bag
4 pack emergency thermal blankets
205 piece first aid kit
Fully stocked tactical trauma kit
3 pack 2-person tube tent
25 pack storm proof matches with waterproof case
3 pack 9-hour emergency candles
64 pack of MREs
25 shotgun molle shell pouch
Molle back pack
Molle pistol holster
Gerber knife kit
Mag light
Machete
2 – 3lb fire extinguishers
Taurus judge (.45/,410g) 5-shot revolver
.22 semi auto rifle

Thinking about trading in the .22 for a .12g or a .10g shotgun...thoughts? Keeper revolver, .22 and get a shotgun?!

Anyone know how to mount a rifle or gun to the inside of a jeep?

Hey fellow preppers!

I've noticed that there are not too many people in my area that are on the same page as me. I am not sure exactly HOW the world is going to end but I know we are close to it. How do I know?....obama (purposely not capitalized) got re-elected, china stole plans from a US F35, Russia has had a Nuclear submarine 300 miles off the coast of the US, Iran has take shots at a US drone, the Bangazi incident, the war in the middle-east...MUST I GO ON?!? It will either be a citizen revolt, nuke war, zombie apocalypse, or everyone just goes crazy...

So besides myself, I have two friends who are prepping but others just agree with me but ARE DOING NOTHING! This bugs me. So I am GLAD I foudn this forum while at work tonight. I plan on being here quite a bit. Especially that I downloaded the TapaTalk App!

Ok, so a little more about me. I am a 25 year old male from Madison, Wisconsin. I used to be a cop and not work in security. I plan on saving up and moving to the corner of Alaska with my new jeep, which I am turning into a mobile assault vehicle ;-) , and building my hold-up there. I have yet to buy my bug-out bag but here is my list so far...any suggestions would be appreciated for this new prepper.

Anyone know how to mount a rifle or gun to the inside of a jeep?
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I am glad I am not the only one who intentionally does NOT capitalize comrade obama's name.
obama is the only President that actually seems to support the US being punked by terrorist states such as iran.

My bug out bag is by 5.11 and I couldn't be happier with it! I have enough room for all of my stuff and could probably fit my 7 year old in!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

I'd keep the .22 (or another rifle). As you know shotguns are only good for fairly close shots, but more kills at close range. The .22 will give you more shots at more distant game, therefore, more food. In any doomsday scenario, there will be food shortages, and with food shortages will come game shortages. You will need all the chances you can get to kill for meat!

Oh i have a jeep too, that would be good info!

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I am glad I am not the only one who intentionally does NOT capitalize comrade obama's name.
obama is the only President that actually seems to support the US being punked by terrorist states such as iran.

My bug out bag is by 5.11 and I couldn't be happier with it! I have enough room for all of my stuff and could probably fit my 7 year old in!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

I wouldnt call him a comrade Haha.

Well good to know your kid can fit in your bag. Could comin useful lol

I'd keep the .22 (or another rifle). As you know shotguns are only good for fairly close shots, but more kills at close range. The .22 will give you more shots at more distant game, therefore, more food. In any doomsday scenario, there will be food shortages, and with food shortages will come game shortages. You will need all the chances you can get to kill for meat!

Oh i have a jeep too, that would be good info!

What info would be good?
I spent my morning cleaning and refinishing the ole .22. I found a decent 12g for $175. I think ill wait until i move or the shtf

HAHA, I'm glad I'm in good company here! A sense of humor is a MUST HAVE for the end of mankind.Yeah, there is some good eats up there, that is if they don't also become infected. because then we will have to get creative with food sources if the animals are out. Would cooking thoroughly be enough to kill off the infection in the meat?

I thought i had some in there. Well i have the steripens. Ill add tablets too

sorry mate, miss your steripens out. i need to find something portable like this in my neck of the woods...

HAHA, I'm glad I'm in good company here! A sense of humor is a MUST HAVE for the end of mankind.Yeah, there is some good eats up there, that is if they don't also become infected. because then we will have to get creative with food sources if the animals are out. Would cooking thoroughly be enough to kill off the infection in the meat?
yeah, nothing is better than a prepared and sane mind!

Latest posts

Back