New chick from St.Louis

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel

Reaction score
Hi my name is Rachel and from recent situations I've come to realize how unstable out country really is. I am ready to start preparing for the worst. I am preparing places in my home for storage and have been looking into what I think i might need. I could use some suggestions! I want to be prepared for the worst and i would like to get ready as quickly as possible. I wish i had started sooner lol but i guess now is better than never! so like i said any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks :)

Hi my name is Rachel and from recent situations I've come to realize how unstable out country really is. I am ready to start preparing for the worst. I am preparing places in my home for storage and have been looking into what I think i might need. I could use some suggestions! I want to be prepared for the worst and i would like to get ready as quickly as possible. I wish i had started sooner lol but i guess now is better than never! so like i said any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks :)
If you're starting at your age I don't think your behind at all! It's probably more manageable if you begin prepping for at least a weeks worth of stuff, a little at a time. Most emergencys are short lived, so a week should cover the loss of power, etc. then you can just keep adding a little at a time. I would focus on at least two water storage and filtering options, three would be better. Everybody here is great at helpful advice! I lived at ft leonardwood for a couple of years and went inside the arch once. Central mo. Is a great place to prep as the fishing and hunting is great. Welcome.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
St Louis Misery, never been to the place, but a friend of mine went to school there.
Hot as heck in the summer and semi cold in the winter.
Gateway to the west.
I would agree to start small and work your way up.
Search the sale fliers and start couponing.
But what ever you like to eat and save what ever money is left over towards preps such as a tent, sleeping bag for each member of the family, Coleman cook stove, pots, pans, dishes.
Basic preps should come first, followed by trying to find multiple bug out locations.
From your location I would want at least one destination North, South, East, West.
I would only imagine that a tornado down there would be scary to say the least!

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

by all means,take your time on deciding what to buy and how much..only buy foods that yall will eat in a shtf situation..

Welcome to the forum! As everyone has said start slow, make a list of all the things you can think of to prepare for a week to 2 weeks without the ability to get anything and without power heat etc. please browse the forum, check out all the threads and ask as many questions as you want. Most of us have a specialty or two, so we can help you more in those areas but some of us are a jack of all trades so to speak. Again welcome and enjoy the site

Welcome to the forums, and the world of prepping. Your life will never be the same once you start to prep, and read/watch what is really going on in the REAL world. I use to live in St Charles. I have family that live there. As mentioned above. Start out small, figure out what is the most important things needed for any situation. Water, and food is the 2 most important things to store a lot of. Then go from there. Believe me when I say storing a lot of water is a must, because our water has stopped plenty of times, and Thank God we have enough water stored. I even have 2 plastic 55 gallon drums filled with rain, and tap water to use in the toilet, as well as boiling to collect steam/pure fresh water. A bug out bag or back pack is also a must. I have a lot of matches, lighters, first aid kit, whistles, compass etc etc in my back pack. I also have a duffel bag with a set of clothes for all seasons that I do not wear right now. Because I know there will come a day AFTER SHTF that I will have to leave. Also a few weapons is a must. Firearm, knives etc etc. For protection as well encase you need to hunt for food. There is a wealth of information within the forums. Just remember... You can never have to much of things needed, not wanted like iPhones, computers, tv, gadgets etc etc.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome. I'll just echo the above...start small, but focused. First, build up a supply of some bottled water (remember to empty/refill these every 5-6 months, or every 3 months if in any sunlight).

Next important, any needed medications...try and get an emergency 90 day supply, if your doc will sign off on it. If he won't, well, there are other ways....probably best not discussed for the forum's sake, hehe.

Then, stockpile some canned food and/or dry goods (items like pasta, rice, mashed potato flakes, cereals, oatmeal, etc. store well and last for around 15 years! (if packed right)).

If you're able, WEAPONS. Firearms are preferred, but even some good knives, bows, etc...but those with the guns will be making the rules.

There are lots of other considerations, but these are your major bullet points. Extras include lights, batteries, first aid needs, communication, radio, maps, etc.

Latest posts

Back