New Cakifornia

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/te...back-may-call-for-union-of-law-abiding-states
Texas GOP Chair Allen West says SCOTUS setback may call for new 'union' of 'law-abiding states'

“This decision establishes a precedent that says states can violate the U.S. Constitution and not be held accountable,” West claimed

The leader of the Republican Party in Texas suggested Friday that “law-abiding states” might want to form their own "union," after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected the Lone Star State’s lawsuit over the 2020 presidential election, according to reports.
The high court’s decision was the latest legal setback in GOP efforts to overturn Nov. 3 results that gave Democrat Joe Biden a victory over President Trump, denying Trump a second four-year term.
Texas asserted it had a right “to demand that all other States abide by the constitutionally set rules in appointing presidential electors to the electoral college.” It claimed that other states suffered whenever one state “violates federal law to affect the outcome of a presidential election."
But the court dismissed the case based on that issue, according to The Associated Press. It said that Texas “has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections.”
After the ruling, Allen West, a former Florida congressman who has headed the Texas GOP since July, issued a response.
“The Supreme Court, in tossing the Texas lawsuit that was joined by seventeen states and 106 US congressman, [has] decreed that a state can take unconstitutional actions and violate its own election law -- resulting in damaging effects on other states that abide by the law, while the guilty state suffers no consequences,” West wrote, according to KTVT-TV of Dallas-Fort Worth.
“This decision establishes a precedent that says states can violate the U.S. Constitution and not be held accountable,” West continued. “This decision will have far-reaching ramifications for the future of our constitutional republic.
'TEXIT' TEST: TEXAS LAWMAKER FLOATS REFERENDUM TO SECEDE FROM US
“Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the Constitution,” he added.

'Out of control'
West’s proposal echoed a similar sentiment expressed earlier in the week by Texas state Rep. Kyle Biedermann, R-Fredericksburg, who called for a referendum that would allow voters to decide if Texas should break off from the U.S.
“The federal government is out of control and does not represent the values of Texans. That is why I am committing to file legislation this session that will allow a referendum to give Texans a vote for the State of Texas to reassert its status as an independent nation,” Biedermann said in a statement.

Rush's judgment
In addition, radio host Rush Limbaugh this week also stated that perhaps a fissure in the U.S. was inevitable, given the chronic disagreements between conservatives and liberals.
“I actually think — and I’ve referenced this, I’ve alluded to this a couple of times because I’ve seen others allude to this — I actually think that we’re trending toward secession,” Limbaugh said on his show Wednesday, according to MediaMatters.org.
“It can’t go on this way," he continued. "There cannot be a peaceful coexistence of two completely different theories of life, theories of government, theories of how we manage our affairs. We can’t be in this dire a conflict without something giving somewhere along the way.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The Trump administration, meanwhile, didn’t appear ready to give up its fight to have its claims of voter fraud recognized in a court of law.
During a Friday appearance on “Hannity,” Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani said the president's legal team isn't done with its elections challenges.
"The people of this country are entitled to a hearing on this," he said. "They should have at least given us a hearing so that we can present our facts and not just pushed it off to the side so no one would ever get to hear these facts."
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
Dom Calicchio is a Senior Editor at FoxNews.com. Reach him at [email protected].

Fox News Democracy 2020
Fox News First

Get all the stories you need-to-know from the most powerful name in news delivered first thing every morning to your inbox

Arrives Weekdays

Subscribe

2020 Presidential Election
Trump says Barr 'a big disappointment' after report AG knew about Hunter Biden investigation months ago

57 mins ago
Trump says Barr 'a big disappointment' after report AG knew about Hunter Biden investigation months ago

Trump supporters to rally in DC after Supreme Court delivers president another defeat

1 hour ago
Trump supporters to rally in DC after Supreme Court delivers president another defeat

Texas GOP Chair Allen West says SCOTUS setback may call for new 'union' of 'law-abiding states'

8 hours ago

Hans von Spakovsky: Supreme Court ruling probably dooms Trump attempt to block Biden election as president

14 hours ago
Hans von Spakovsky: Supreme Court ruling probably dooms Trump attempt to block Biden election as president

Good news! Larry Elder wins and gets added to the Recall Candidates.
Hope they dont have the "fix" in. . . CA people need to start demanding for paper ballots or you are just going to end up with another Newsome. FREE and FAIR ELECTIONS ONLY!

I only have a choice of paper, there is no polling place in my district. I don’t trust it. My liberal wife gets a card to verify her registration once a month.
I am registered as other/no party affiliation because I don’t want them hunting me down. I may get a card once a year.
CA rigged their system long ago. In primaries only the top 2 candidate (usually Dems) get on the final ballot. It not voting for Dem Vrs Rep, its voting for Dem vrs Dem.

Not looking good in CA. Lots have said that they show up to vote only to be told they already voted. . .
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...lots-many-told-already-voted-even-though-not/Voters were forced to fill out provisional ballots after they were told the computers showed they already cast their ballots.
Estelle Bender, 88, a Republican, told KTLA 5 that she spoke with many others in the same polling place and they were all told incorrectly that they had already voted.

The one thing all voters had in common? They are all Republicans.
KTLA reported:
Some San Fernando Valley voters think they are being wrongly prevented from casting a ballot in the upcoming gubernatorial recall election.
At El Camino Real Charter High School in Woodland Hills, some voters say they were told the computers showed them as already having voted, even though they had not.
West Hills resident Estelle Bender, 88, said she was far from the only person who was being told incorrectly that they had already voted.
In addition to friends of hers who experienced the issue and two other women outside the polling place, Bender said that inside, “the man next to me was arguing the same thing.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...riot-ashli-babbitt-shot-killed-capitol-jan-6/https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ut-will-lose-rigged-election-just-like-trump/

That’s why in the Kommunist Republik you don’t register as Republican. In LA, the polling place had 2 booths for Republicans , 6 for independent, and 15 for Democrats. This the 3rd state I lived in and the only one that identified your party to shame you.
The smart people choose no party preference and can vote in Democrat primaries to mess with their results.

Latest posts

Back