New anti meat and anti egg study being touted

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
They think they have new ammunition against eating meat and eggs...

First thing I noticed was they they never gave any links to the actual study. I found it though. The study had 18 patients. Not a large enough sample size to be statistically signficant. And there were a lot of "weasel words" like "the study suggested..." meaning you had to make a lot of assumptions in order to say that the study meant anything.

And the study was funded by the NIH, which means it had to have a predetermined outcome or they would not have gotten a cent.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1554078/blood-clot-risks-eggs-meats-choline

I suppose for people who don't remember that the Eskimos ate only fatty meats with a sprinkling of berries and were perfectly healthy pre-industrialization might be fooled.

I am a big believer in eating for your particular metabolism. Trying to force a diet on everyone, regardless of their unique make up, has always been disastrous.

I suppose for people who don't remember that the Eskimos ate only fatty meats with a sprinkling of berries and were perfectly healthy pre-industrialization might be fooled.

I am a big believer in eating for your particular metabolism. Trying to force a diet on everyone, regardless of their unique make up, has always been disastrous.

Totally agree! I’ve tried every type of diet and eating style and my body performs best, by far, on mainly protein. My husband‘s system performs best on a solid mix of healthy protein and carbs. Sweets mess us both up. I am an O neg and him an AB. There is a book about eating for your blood type.

Totally agree! I’ve tried every type of diet and eating style and my body performs best, by far, on mainly protein. My husband‘s system performs best on a solid mix of healthy protein and carbs. Sweets mess us both up. I am an O neg and him an AB. There is a book about eating for your blood type.

I won't change my morning eating habits from
Bible before breakfast and coffee before carbs
to
Bible before breakfast and coffee before crickets.

Jokes aside, I wrote out a really long winded response and realized nobody cares about my thoughts and I'd be preaching to the choir!

I have the book you mention on my to read list. I also really like Nutrition and the Autonomic Nervous System.

I won't change my morning eating habits from
Bible before breakfast and coffee before carbs
to
Bible before breakfast and coffee before crickets.

Jokes aside, I wrote out a really long winded response and realized nobody cares about my thoughts and I'd be preaching to the choir!

I have the book you mention on my to read list. I also really like Nutrition and the Autonomic Nervous System.
The neighbors got the chickens with the eggs and if worse comes to worse we got some cows.

Latest posts

Back