Need To Get Up To Speed!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted1737

Reaction score
Hi.
I have procrastinated too long with plans to get prepared. This is mainly due to the lack of support from my wife. She is coming around to accepting the reality of world events but her involvement in helping with the plan has been zero. So I guess its up to me.

I work as an armed security guard for an armored car company. My wife and I are both licensed to carry hand guns. We have a number of semi auto pistols, shotguns AR 15s and other rifles. We have a large quantity of ammo for each. We are trained and ready to defend ourselves, family and property.

But, when the shtf, you can't eat bullets.

So here I am looking for info on getting my act together.

Hi.
I have procrastinated too long with plans to get prepared. This is mainly due to the lack of support from my wife. She is coming around to accepting the reality of world events but her involvement in helping with the plan has been zero. So I guess its up to me.

I work as an armed security guard for an armored car company. My wife and I are both licensed to carry hand guns. We have a number of semi auto pistols, shotguns AR 15s and other rifles. We have a large quantity of ammo for each. We are trained and ready to defend ourselves, family and property.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

You are not the only one who has had some issues with their wife/girl friend not wanting to go along with prepping. Mine wasn't a fan of it until we were evacuated due to a ruptured gas main. That was her wake up call. I live in earthquake country so I have used that possibility to further convince her of the importance of prepping.

As far as ammo goes, post SHTF, I am learning to reload, and looking at getting the equipment to cast my own bullets.

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hi.

Welcome !

Welcome to the forum. You can't eat those bullets but they can help you get food. Remember each bullet can de a deer dog goat rabbit bear or what ever is around you that you can shoot to eat but not humans.

Hello bud, I feel really lucky my wife supports my efforts. I do defense and medical and she does the rest. She developed a couponing scheme to help, stay tuned I will post on this soon

Hello bud, I feel really lucky my wife supports my efforts. I do defense and medical and she does the rest. She developed a couponing scheme to help, stay tuned I will post on this soon
Would like to see that. My wife is on board also, she does all food and hygiene and gets killer deals from coupons. Vital role !

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm all set up for reloading 9mm, .40 cal and 45 cal. Also .223 rifle for the AR - 15. Always figured that ammo was of high value and good for bartering post shtf. Got plenty and always making more. Have not gotten into casting as I could not justify making my own bullets when I had no primers or powder.

My first priority is the bug out plan for the wife and I. Ill work on the long term plan after that. Does that sound right?

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm all set up for reloading 9mm, .40 cal and 45 cal. Also .223 rifle for the AR - 15. Always figured that ammo was of high value and good for bartering post shtf. Got plenty and always making more. Have not gotten into casting as I could not justify making my own bullets when I had no primers or powder.

My first priority is the bug out plan for the wife and I. Ill work on the long term plan after that. Does that sound right?
I am learning to reload; 9mm, .40 s&w, .45acp, .223 rem, and .308 win.
Is it true casting will be a wasted art if you can't even get primers and/or powder.

I am learning to reload; 9mm, .40 s&w, .45acp, .223 rem, and .308 win.
Is it true casting will be a wasted art if you can't even get primers and/or powder.
the primers im at a loss, but remember, someone in the 1800's invented them/learned how to make them by scratch.
but the gunpowder is real easy to make, although smokeless is a bit harder. the internet is a great tool these days!
i can make gunpowder the old fasion way, mainly for maybe muskets and pipebombs, but im not gonna post that public, if someone really wants to know they can PM me.

Welcome Ted1737!

idk about primers but gunpowder is simple to make, although smokeless is a bit harder.
just remember, primers were invented in the 1800's, so someone w/o todays skills did so, so one shouldnt have to many problems comen up with something.

Latest posts

Back