Need Prepping Help! Plus Contest

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you there, I don't see us being invaded. The world in general may hate us but, they also fear us as a people. On every continent I've been on I've found the same view of us Americans "We are a warring people and love a good fight". A ham radio isn't a horrible idea but, I don't see the need for communication with the world. Outside of those in my immediate circle I could care less about what going on out there. I have a radio if need be and I can listen to that but, I'm only really going to take care of whats mine.
Terrorism would be the only real way you would need an N/B/C mask but, the other option is fighting our own government. I shutter at the thought and constantly hope and pray that we as a country will pull together and stop this endless loop of destruction we are on. We may be fighting our own and if that's the deal then a half-mask by 3m is a great alternative to a gas mask. The problem is that you cant have any hair on you face or the mask won't seal.

My education was similar to the military guys with the rucks. I am a mil-contractor for security and as such am sent all over the world for contracts. Pretty much would pack wayyy to much crap over thinking things. I now bring very little and just bring top ramon. lol

Gaz-Glad to hear that you've field tested your dome tent. Any particular brand that you're keen on? I tend to be a brand-name guy. What are you guys packing for a sleeping roll? A sleeping bag? Poncho?

Over the years, had a few different ones. No matter what the brand, with use they eventually wear down, or just get a little moldy, and as inexpensive as they are, just easier to replace once too much is there. Usually just a Coleman. As for sleeping, I can pretty much sleep anywhere, but when camping, I have an inflatable pillow with me, and a rolled up blanket. For the GHB/BOB, I don't even have the tent, just a tarp, bungees, and the inflatable pillow...no blanket. It's FL, so not cold, usually. (and if it is, I'd stay in my full clothes).

For Fire Steel I recommend this; Skeet's Survival Fire Tool.

For Water Purification/sterilization I recommend Lifesaver brand water filtration. photo.JPG 712UxhJvipL._SY679_.jpg

The mini Fire tool will do around 7000 strikes, the magnum will do 60,000 strikes

That water bottle will produce 4000 liters of sterile water, (yes I said sterile)

Well gentlemen, after much consideration the winner is Gazrok with the "survival belt." There are, however, no real losers here since all of you offered something that I will probably be adding to my BOB as well. Thanks to all of you for the help; I'll make a post soon with "before" and "after" pictures of my kit and let everyone know how you all contributed. ;)

Gazrok, the survival belt deal fits my series because I have one of the characters sneaking around in one of the upcoming novels, but he's required to peform a task while not looking suspicious. I'll fill you in on more details as the date for that release gets closer. Gazrok you can contact me via my website iankanebooks.com, email me at [email protected], or just leave your contact info and I'll follow up with you from there.

By the way, are any of you guys in the Facebook group of the same name? (Doomsday Preppers) I post in there quite often.

Thanks! I think my email is public in my profile here, but if not, it's [email protected] (yes, I've had it so long it was before one needed numbers in their username)....

Things to add in the belt pockets: hacksaw blade, garrotte, lockpicks, various psychotropic antidotes, etc.

Latest posts

Back