need opinions on a bag

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bag looks fine to me but wait till you get it them let us know. I personally would want more Molle straps but that just my opinion.

looks fine , but I'm horrible when I buy these things, I'll go through every seem and stich and look for mistakes.
must be 'cause I was a shoemaker and had to fix up qiute alot of back packs in my time ;) .
once you get it tell us how it sits on your back and how it behaves fully loaded

looks fine , but I'm horrible when I buy these things, I'll go through every seem and stich and look for mistakes.
must be 'cause I was a shoemaker and had to fix up qiute alot of back packs in my time ;) .
once you get it tell us how it sits on your back and how it behaves fully loaded

if i get that it will not have anything in it for about 2 months thanks

when I started, I started from scratch,little by little you build up your preps, hey you might win at the lottery, it would make it easier, but the important here is that think every move you make and when you ask here, it simply is great

when I started, I started from scratch,little by little you build up your preps, hey you might win at the lottery, it would make it easier, but the important here is that think every move you make and when you ask here, it simply is great
amen to that

there is so much to choose from so take your time, ask from some of our seasond preppers and ex-military people for advice, think we have aslo alot of active mil.people here with experience of what is used right now.
don't rush,take your time. it would be very good if you had the opprtunity to try 'em out at some store

Like I said in the chat yesterday. The bag doesnt look too bad but I wonder about the durability of the back cushion. Things get ugly pretty quick if something is poking you in the back while walking. Also it doesnt look like it gives you a whole lot of back support, means that the weight of your pack is not evenly distributed on your back. I personally prefer carbon or metal framed packs.

Like I said in the chat yesterday. The bag doesnt look too bad but I wonder about the durability of the back cushion. Things get ugly pretty quick if something is poking you in the back while walking. Also it doesnt look like it gives you a whole lot of back support, means that the weight of your pack is not evenly distributed on your back. I personally prefer carbon or metal framed packs.

yeah i see what your saying i going to look at it tomorrow

I think it's very hard to judge without seeing it up close. I have had some good experiences and some really bad ones. I bought a bag for $50 that has lasted 5 years and I have one that was $80 that lasted about 6 months(Literally). You really have to be able to check the material, stitching, and seams etc to know if a pack is really good or not. That's as important as having enough MOLLE, pouches, and internal compartments in my opinion. That last bag I bought has really made me cynical about construction now. It seems there are a lot of people buying BOBs, so these people know there's a market for everything, good stuff or junk, it will all sell.

I Like framed packs for some uses. External frames for heavy loads when hiking/camping, internal frames for moderate loads... Frameless for my everyday pack, though it doesn't have even 15lbs in it usually.

My beef with internal frames is that they usually have one REALLY large compartment and very few other compartments. This one looks like it has two detachable side compartment/pouches and one rear facing compartment/pouch. All 3 are removable, and that could be good or bad, depending on your opinion & experiences. I don't think it's a bad idea, as MOLLE is based around removable, optional bits. The internal compartment is the only gripe I might have about it. It looks like there is little inside to help organization. This may not be an issue for you, though. I have interesting memories of being in the woods and having to unload all kinds of kit just to get to things at the bottom of the pack. YMMV. I know a lot of folks with internal frame packs that don't relate this same experience, so I assume it doesn't happen to them.

what I have look like this.. reppu.jpg heavy duty cotton...reppu takaa.jpg and leather...might be oldfashioned,but I am ;)

Attachments

• reppu.jpg
    reppu.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 8
  • reppu.jpg
    reppu.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 9
thanks my friend...evevn if it's old-school feels quite nice, a helluva lot better than the one I dragged along when doing my service ;)

Latest posts

Back