Need advice on water filter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin L

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Hi Guys:

I purchased a Katadyn pocket filter a few years ago for more than $350.00 . . . not counting the extra ceramic filter and spare parts.

Why are they now suddenly being sold for $80.00. I'm thinking of purchasing another one for $80.00, but I feel like there's a catch of some kind (you get what you pay for). What does everyone think? Any ideas would be appreciated.

chrome_screenshot_1656966817831.png

I just bought the Pur filters to catch other stuff the city misses. also put them on the sinks at our BOL to improve water taste mostly. We would be boiling water or using the Berkey exclusively if our well were to become suspect (determined by smell/taste). Last well water check was 2 months ago and contaminants are not an issue at this time, but ya never know. Smell, taste or illness would be our only way of knowing if it had become contaminated. When SHTF, we will probably put all water through the Berkey to catch/kill microbes. Better safe than sorry.

Hi Guys:

I purchased a Katadyn pocket filter a few years ago for more than $350.00 . . . not counting the extra ceramic filter and spare parts.

Why are they now suddenly being sold for $80.00. I'm thinking of purchasing another one for $80.00, but I feel like there's a catch of some kind (you get what you pay for). What does everyone think? Any ideas would be appreciated.

View attachment 16747
They may be showing the wrong picture. The Katadyn Vario filter is about that price on Amazon:

41P045093FL._AC_.jpg

Speaking of water, have you heard about Jackson, Mississippi? Not enough water to flush the johns or to bathe.

I do not have a well, but I bought all the components and downloaded videos (along with tips from you guys--especially Doc Henley, but everyone else too--so thank you) so that I could actually sink a well on short notice if I have to.

I have the means to filter and boil this well water if I can't get it tested.

I wonder how many people in Jackson have prepared for something like this?

Latest posts

Back