Neat little kit

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bairleafarm

Reaction score
Most of my family thinks I'm crazy for prepping including my brother. He does keep an eye out for me. He got me a couple of these kits. 7$ each. I opened one. Pretty cool

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362891185963.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362891185963.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 73
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362891195585.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362891195585.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 68
Most of my family thinks I'm crazy for prepping including my brother. He does keep an eye out for me. He got me a couple of these kits. 7$ each. I opened one. Pretty cool

Altiods tin work awesome for this sort of thing, fishing kit, first aid, char cloth, list goes on an on .

I have a couple homemade ones, I just like the idea of the prepackaged ones as backups!

i think haveing both on hand is a good idea.use the home made first.and save the store bought just in case it's needed.and if i figure right.the store bought will last longer then the home made as long as container aint opened up...

The problem is the store bought ones don't reseal, so now you have a bunch of loose stuff. I'm a fan of the Altoids tins myself.

I love the Listerine pack idea to keep pills from getting crushed too...kudos on that one.

so save the tin from home made one,to put the store bought one into after it's been opened up..

seeing this topic reminded me,that i need to look into water proof cntainrs for diff stuff..that way i can organize things better and have stuff in them at same time

The problem is the store bought ones don't reseal, so now you have a bunch of loose stuff. I'm a fan of the Altoids tins myself.

I love the Listerine pack idea to keep pills from getting crushed too...kudos on that one.
The Altoids tins are great, and Colt is the resident expert on customized Altoids tins.
I have about 4 or 5 plastic ammo cans that I am looking at using for something in the cars.
One use is for extra ammo and mags in each 2nd story bedroom, and of course the downstairs family room.

Very cool tho I think I want to opt for putting together my own and use some of the altoid tins I've been saving. Any good ideas on good first aid stuff to put in one.

Very cool tho I think I want to opt for putting together my own and use some of the altoid tins I've been saving. Any good ideas on good first aid stuff to put in one.

listerine pak for aspirin or meds, straw tubes for antibiotic ointment. old credit card to wrap some duct tape around, thin magnetic on inside of lid for needles and safety pins the magnetized needle doubles as a compass if you put it on leaf and float it in a small amount of water, it will point north, band-aids, sting relief wipes, iodine wipes, sunscreen wipes and some gauze pads if they will fit. Also the tin is great for making char cloth, this can be made by cutting some 2 inch squares off of a shirt, putting them in the tin, " make sure you poke a small hole somewhere so the smoke can escape" put it in the fire for 1/2 hr and you have char cloth. This will take a spark really easy and aids in fire building.

i noticed one thing about the tin with the sewing kit in it..looks like it could make noise by moveing around in the tin,which aint good when silence is needed..so im thinking it might be a good idea to tape or glue peice(s) of felt or some thing else to the walls and bottom of tin..

Or lay some cloth over the top of all of it. enough to put pressure on the contents where they cant move.

Latest posts

Back