Natural Water Filter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
A team at MIT has "discovered" that sapwood is an effective water filter (duh!) All you need to make a water filter is a plastic funnel, epoxy, and a stick.

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2014/need-a-water-filter-peel-a-tree-branch-0226.html

MIT group shows xylem tissue in sapwood can filter bacteria from contaminated water.
If you’ve run out of drinking water during a lakeside camping trip, there’s a simple solution: Break off a branch from the nearest pine tree, peel away the bark, and slowly pour lake water through the stick. The improvised filter should trap any bacteria, producing fresh, uncontaminated water.

Hi,
There are different types of water filtration systems from on-the-tap faucet filtration systems dispensers and pitchers using carbon filters, to those using reverse osmosis technique.To know more visit the link.
------------------
WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION

with that you can't get it more natural, like yeasterday my brother and cousin called me ( jokeingly) a strange green hippie who likes guns, 'cause of my knowledge of plantlife and what soap to use to clean stains from clothes..
what can you do if you keep your ears open and learn :)

i like the pine tree branch clear plastic tube and hose clamp idea..hose clamps i have already.not sure.but i think that i might have some clear plastic tube as well.hand saws i have for cutting branches with....nickyy99..filters for the water lines/faucets are great..on account they do filter out the chemicals thats water companies put into the water to clean it and keep it that way...but i just gotta ask..what if there's no running water? or worse yet.what IF the running water coming out of faucet is contaminated? then what?to me...thinking of all these diff things and situations is a part of preparing for the worse,while hoping for the best..

Latest posts

Back