Natural Disasters Defined

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
A natural disaster is the effect of a natural hazard (e.g., flood, tornado, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake, heatwave, or landslide). It leads to financial, environmental or human losses. The resulting loss depends on the vulnerability of the affected population to resist the hazard, also called their resilience. If these disasters continue it would be a great danger for the earth. This understanding is concentrated in the formulation: "disasters occur when hazards meet vulnerability." Thus a natural hazard will not result in a natural disaster in areas without vulnerability, e.g. strong earthquakes in uninhabited areas. The term natural has consequently been disputed because the events simply are not hazards or disasters without human involvement. A concrete example of the division between a natural hazard and a natural disaster is that the 1906 San Francisco earthquake was a disaster, whereas earthquakes are a hazard ( Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., 2012).

snooki having a baby wasnt in there??? oh, ya, thats an unnatural disaster lmfao
but seriously they didnt mention ark storms, one hit in san fransico in about 1863 wiping out all of frisco under like 20 feet of water, and one could possably hit sothern california as well, and is considered more of a threat to california than earthquakes, according to discovery channel 2012 disasters that could hit hosted by morgan freeman, the odds of this are 1 in 50 in the next 50 years.
i think they, and the odds on doomsday preppers show, dont tell the propper truth about the odds, though, as sort of a disclaimer, not to get the public panniced about whats really going on, or about to happen.

snooki having a baby wasnt in there??? oh, ya, thats an unnatural disaster lmfao
but seriously they didnt mention ark storms, one hit in san fransico in about 1863 wiping out all of frisco under like 20 feet of water, and one could possably hit sothern california as well, and is considered more of a threat to california than earthquakes, according to discovery channel 2012 disasters that could hit hosted by morgan freeman, the odds of this are 1 in 50 in the next 50 years.
i think they, and the odds on doomsday preppers show, dont tell the propper truth about the odds, though, as sort of a disclaimer, not to get the public panniced about whats really going on, or about to happen.
I think the statistics given on National Geolgraphic's Doomsday Preppers show are said and figured so as to keep people happy, and not cause problems for the government. If you watch the show most of the people shown kind of come across as odd, paranoid, or strange. This can be accomplished through proper editing, camera angles, and lighting

or fat nerdy, need to get a life type people, or gung ho gi joe, ive even seen them show a guy blow his thumb off, when there is actual real decent, hard working, normal people out there just worried what might happen to their family/friends.

or fat nerdy, need to get a life type people, or gung ho gi joe, ive even seen them show a guy blow his thumb off, when there is actual real decent, hard working, normal people out there just worried what might happen to their family/friends.
But nobody wants to to watch "decent, hard working, normal people." They want to watch the freaks, and if the show only shows the extreme preppers as wierdo freaks then the general population might just label them and not want to follow in their footsteps. This will give the government a chance to play down and issues in the world. Remember the liberal government already has CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC in their pocket

if something does happen the low knowledge will insure what government is left to step in and take charge looking like heros too, and the public will follow like sheep

if something does happen the low knowledge will insure what government is left to step in and take charge looking like heros too, and the public will follow like sheep
It will be sad to see how many will look to the government. I am sure the government will seek us out and try to make us share our provisions with the fools who did nothing. to me doomsday will be the epitome of "Natural Selection!"

Latest posts

Back