WTF!?!? Naked and Afraid with Leslie Jones Saturday Night Live

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, that was funny even though I never seen the show naked and afraid

Maverick,

The series on Discovery Channel. Today they are running a marathon of them, but its either through Cable or Satellite, like Dish. Since I am sure your back in your safe spot...possibly cable is not available in your area. At $200, I am thinking of getting rid of cable...however, I love my connectivity to the web...so who knows...maybe once the youngest is off to college....will look at other suppliers.

Enjoy...a great spoof on Naked and Afraid...don't watch when drinking a coke. Don't forget to bring the hot sauce!

Bob that was awesome! I enjoy the stupid show (kind of a guilty pleasure). It really amazes me how bad some of the so called survivalists do. I have no desire to ever try doing it, but like to think I'd survive better than most. It does teach some hard lessons that people can take away from it. Number one is find and make water safe to drink. Nothing comes before this. Shelter is important, as well as some sort of shoes for protection. Then food. Everything else is a perk.

Bob that was awesome! I enjoy the stupid show (kind of a guilty pleasure). It really amazes me how bad some of the so called survivalists do. I have no desire to ever try doing it, but like to think I'd survive better than most. It does teach some hard lessons that people can take away from it. Number one is find and make water safe to drink. Nothing comes before this. Shelter is important, as well as some sort of shoes for protection. Then food. Everything else is a perk.

Yes, my wife thinks I am nuts watching them, really I just have it on the back ground, as I am typing this to you and Maverick. However, I look at the more important things, not so much the relationships, but how much stress they are under, how they combat it, what are their solutions, etc. I think we will experience these same frustrations once the SHTF...different opinions, etc. Its going to take a strong leader who has excellent communication skill sets and compromise. I think the area I enjoy the most on N.A. and Dual Survival is their ability to make fire or not. Some very useful tools. I wasn't much of a Cody Lundene fan, read some of his books, but just a bit to liberal in his philosophies.

Yes, water has always been my number 1 issue in the field, find it, make it safe, transport it and if possible build a reserve. Then shelter, then fire. I know some believe fire next, but for me, I've learned from my mistakes. Typically, I always go with a buddy, never alone, prefer three or more, but that is not always the case, but always in pairs...no lone wolf, unless its in my immediate area...and even then I still don't like the idea.

Yes, my wife thinks I am nuts watching them, really I just have it on the back ground, as I am typing this to you and Maverick. However, I look at the more important things, not so much the relationships, but how much stress they are under, how they combat it, what are their solutions, etc. I think we will experience these same frustrations once the SHTF...different opinions, etc. Its going to take a strong leader who has excellent communication skill sets and compromise. I think the area I enjoy the most on N.A. and Dual Survival is their ability to make fire or not. Some very useful tools. I wasn't much of a Cody Lundene fan, read some of his books, but just a bit to liberal in his philosophies.

Yes, water has always been my number 1 issue in the field, find it, make it safe, transport it and if possible build a reserve. Then shelter, then fire. I know some believe fire next, but for me, I've learned from my mistakes. Typically, I always go with a buddy, never alone, prefer three or more, but that is not always the case, but always in pairs...no lone wolf, unless its in my immediate area...and even then I still don't like the idea.
I agree, there can be useful information learned even from a silly entertainment show. I also agree with the team or group approach. Without all our modern amenities even simple tasks like cooking become labor and time intensive. Having more hands to share the load isn't just a luxury, it's a necessity post shtf. I also think we need companionship. We are wired to be social, and need contact with others. The mental health ( keeping morale up ) aspect is as important as your survival skills. That's one thing that concerns me the most. I don't have a group of friends that have skill sets or even believe there's a chance we may see a life changing event in this country. I'm sure that post shtf people will quickly learn skills, or perish, but it sure would be nice if they put some time towards it now. I equate that to the gardening I've focused on learning. I planted lots of fruit trees, blueberries, grapes and blackberries here. Lots of people think that if something happens then they will do that too. The problem is the that it takes 5 yrs for the fruit trees and blueberries to be big enough to start producing well. Five years is a long time to be hungry. Even the gardening, I've been at it for 5 or 6 yrs now and am just starting to be able to produce a good yield. It's taken a lot of trial and error. Luckily, when I don't produce enough I can run to Walmart and just pick up whatever I need. Post shtf you're just going to be hungry. Most of my associates think I'm wasting my time with home canning and such when you can just go to the store to get what you need. One other benefit is the taste. I just made some spegatti sauce from last years tomatoes. Even after almost a year old, my home canned taste so much better than even the 'fresh' ones at Walmart.

I agree, there can be useful information learned even from a silly entertainment show. I also agree with the team or group approach. Without all our modern amenities even simple tasks like cooking become labor and time intensive. Having more hands to share the load isn't just a luxury, it's a necessity post shtf. I also think we need companionship. We are wired to be social, and need contact with others. The mental health ( keeping morale up ) aspect is as important as your survival skills. That's one thing that concerns me the most. I don't have a group of friends that have skill sets or even believe there's a chance we may see a life changing event in this country. I'm sure that post shtf people will quickly learn skills, or perish, but it sure would be nice if they put some time towards it now. I equate that to the gardening I've focused on learning. I planted lots of fruit trees, blueberries, grapes and blackberries here. Lots of people think that if something happens then they will do that too. The problem is the that it takes 5 yrs for the fruit trees and blueberries to be big enough to start producing well. Five years is a long time to be hungry. Even the gardening, I've been at it for 5 or 6 yrs now and am just starting to be able to produce a good yield. It's taken a lot of trial and error. Luckily, when I don't produce enough I can run to Walmart and just pick up whatever I need. Post shtf you're just going to be hungry. Most of my associates think I'm wasting my time with home canning and such when you can just go to the store to get what you need. One other benefit is the taste. I just made some spegatti sauce from last years tomatoes. Even after almost a year old, my home canned taste so much better than even the 'fresh' ones at Walmart.

Brent,

I've always loved home canned food. I remember my aunt's root cellar in upstate New York, it was full of vegetables she would can, holidays, especially when we were home visiting my dad's family was full of canned food, deer steak, and just about everything home grown. That seems to be a lost art, but I just loved sitting down there in the dark, raiding a glass jar of cherries or black berries. Man did I get a tanning from my dad, but it was that good. My wife is not much of a canner, so I've been the guy. Started slow, beans, peas, succotash (love them), tomatoes. I haven't tried to can things like squash, but I was hoping to ask Danil54grl how she does them.

Brent,

I've always loved home canned food. I remember my aunt's root cellar in upstate New York, it was full of vegetables she would can, holidays, especially when we were home visiting my dad's family was full of canned food, deer steak, and just about everything home grown. That seems to be a lost art, but I just loved sitting down there in the dark, raiding a glass jar of cherries or black berries. Man did I get a tanning from my dad, but it was that good. My wife is not much of a canner, so I've been the guy. Started slow, beans, peas, succotash (love them), tomatoes. I haven't tried to can things like squash, but I was hoping to ask Danil54grl how she does them.
No doubt they do taste better than store bought cans. I've never canned cherries yet as the few I've produced got eaten fresh and there were not enough left. I have canned squash, but it's softened during the process and is only good for soups and stews afterwards. One really good thing I did last year was canned some green beans with a hot pepper in the jar. Awesome! I only did a couple, kind of an experiment, but will make a few cases this season. I mostly canned the things I like to eat regularly, like tomatoes, green beans, peas, meat broths, fruits, carrots, potatoes, okra, and of course pickles. As I get new things from the garden I will try them as well. I just planted turnips for the first time. I'm not even sure what to do with them yet, but will try them out and see if I like them.

That was TERRIBLE! :p I loved it! Thanks for putting it up here.

Rob, love some of that Jones character, she is really the only one that makes me laugh on SNL now. Rude, crude and true to character. God she has some teeth...I could imagine waking up to her and having half my arm bit off. Thank god I am happily married, I don't ever want to get on a show like that. I like my pants too and boots quite fine in Texas

That was great! But I have one question, was that really a chick?

Yes, it is, I think she has a real up and down career, but Chapelle gave her a break and SNL gave her a job as a writer before going live on SNL. Yes and she is a chick! Thanks for the laugh on that one too.

Yes, it is, I think she has a real up and down career, but Chapelle gave her a break and SNL gave her a job as a writer before going live on SNL. Yes and she is a chick! Thanks for the laugh on that one too.
She was great, but scary. I've never watched SNL before. Might have to give it a try sometime.

I just planted turnips for the first time. I'm not even sure what to do with them yet, but will try them out and see if I like them.

Boil them and mash them, just like potatoes. Add butter and salt. One of my wife's Thanksgiving standbys.

Latest posts

Back