Mylar juice pouches for storage?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica Ann

Reaction score
I read that you can reuse the Capri sun juice pouches to store stuff just as you would the regular Mylar storage bags.clean it,put your stuff and an oxygen absorber in it,squeeze out the air and seal with an iron.I guess it would be good for spices and matches.I am skeptical but curious to try it out.If I can only find someone who actually drinks the garbage ill be all set lol.

I read that you can reuse the Capri sun juice pouches to store stuff just as you would the regular Mylar storage bags.clean it,put your stuff and an oxygen absorber in it,squeeze out the air and seal with an iron.I guess it would be good for spices and matches.I am skeptical but curious to try it out.If I can only find someone who actually drinks the garbage ill be all set lol.

I am curious also, i'll buy some today and try it. Hope i don't ruin my wife's iron, how will i explain that one.

Okay it works, and works well !! So here's the deal, cut the pouch right below the top seam, inside you will see a glue strip that runs along the top seam, it's about 1/2 inch wide. Iron to glue back down, it worked best with the iron directly on the pouch.

Good to know especially if you drink them.Essentially free storage.Thanks!

Use a hair straightener. You can some cheap ones.

I switched to a hair straightener as well.I could never seem to get the temp just right with an iron and would either burn a hole or the bag would not seal good.After letting my straightener heat up for about 15 minutes,I get a perfect mylar seal everytime.Plus,to me at least,a straightener is much easier to work with than an iron.

Small though, but awesome idea for BOB storage. (or sauce mixes).

I switched to a hair straightener as well.I could never seem to get the temp just right with an iron and would either burn a hole or the bag would not seal good.After letting my straightener heat up for about 15 minutes,I get a perfect mylar seal everytime.Plus,to me at least,a straightener is much easier to work with than an iron.
Guess I may need to buy a hair straightener, but I do own a hardly ever used curling iron, you think that would work. Think it is about 25 years old now.

Guess I may need to buy a hair straightener, but I do own a hardly ever used curling iron, you think that would work. Think it is about 25 years old now.

Hey Danil,long time,no chat :),I think the straightener works as good as it does because both plates get hot,then when "clamped" on the mylar seam,it melts the glue from both sides without overheating or burning the bag.

My wife will hold the bag for me pulling the corners out to line the seams up and then I seal the whole mid section and one end leaving enough room at the other end still open to squish as much air out as possible and slip a couple o2 absorbers in,then just seal the end and it's done.I'll also take and run the straightener down the whole seam a few times to make sure I got it all.Works perfect everytime and looks like a factory seal when done.Much easier than an iron and don't know how a curling iron would work.I bought a new straightener for sealing bags only at the dollar store for only 6 or 7 bucks.

Also,for smaller bags,like little ammo pouches,i'll just take a 1gal bag and cut it in half or into fourths,seal up 3 sides,fill,then seal up the top.Thats what I did with the bags I ruined with the regular iron.And the big 30" bags for buckets can make four or more decent sized bags by cutting them up.I ruined quite a few with the iron,lol,but I wasn't gonna throw them out just because I burnt a hole in some.

Latest posts

Back