WTF!?!? My Yard Sale, Craiglist Text Scam (646) 349-6359

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaterielGeneral

Reaction score
Alright as most of you are know that we are having a large yard/garage sale to help with the hospital bills for Zack. https://nmi.craigslist.org/for/6239093242.html It is a pretty big sale and I am putting things separately on Craigslist to help out. I posted our Coleman Camper https://nmi.craigslist.org/rvs/6239084436.html and this morning I received a text from (646) 349-6359 and this is how the series of text messages went:
0854 hours Do you still have it available? 1999 Coleman Utah - $2800 (Cadillac)

Sure do

Ok I'm interested in buying it but I'd like to know the condition, are you the first or second owner? and how long have you had it?

All of that info is in the listing. # of owners I don't know

Okay i'll take it. I'll have to pay you through PayPal because I'm currently in the Lackland Air Force Base at San Antonio, TX. I have a Mover that will come for pickup once payment is cleared in your PayPal account.Do you have a paypal account?

Sure do but I am not going to pay a mover unexpected fees.

What battery are you in? I am kind of familiar with Lackland. (The air force doe not have a battery. It is an artillery name for a company more or less)

I insisted on paypal because i have been ripped off using money order and paypal protects both buyers and sellers from scam and As soon as i make the payment,you will be notified immediately in your email inbox,spam or junk and you can esily withdraw the cash through bank account,debit card or credit card

Yes I am very familiar with PayPal. I report people to their scam department all the time. Being a veteran and an FBI agent makes you very observant.

(after a long delay)

Are still interested?

I am a scam i stole this app

I know you're a scam. All of your info has been transferred to our IT department. Just out of curiosity what country are you in? The it guys Will find out soon enough, I'm just curious for my own interest.

(around 3pm I sent this message)
How much damage did I do to your operation? I'm not an FBI agent.

No response. I hope I really screwed up there day.

How do stupid people are to fall for this crap!

I really hope I F'd them.

I still use craigslist to buy and sell but it is loaded with scammers. The car I have for sale right now has had more fake calls than legitimate ones. It is usually pretty easy to spot the fake ones, but they are evolving every day. There are whole businesses that have people using the internet and phones set up all over the globe now. There one goal, to steal from Americans. I'm sure they go for some European countries too, but we are considered rich and stupid by most of the world. Unfortunately, there not 100% wrong there.....

I still use craigslist to buy and sell but it is loaded with scammers. The car I have for sale right now has had more fake calls than legitimate ones. It is usually pretty easy to spot the fake ones, but they are evolving every day. There are whole businesses that have people using the internet and phones set up all over the globe now. There one goal, to steal from Americans. I'm sure they go for some European countries too, but we are considered rich and stupid by most of the world. Unfortunately, there not 100% wrong there.....

The being in another state and instantly wanting to buy it was a big red light. Your right there is a lot of stupid people that fall for this. My wife got a call from the IRS(scammers) a week ago and the scammer said there was going to be a warrant out for us, yada, yada, yada. My wife played with for like an hour. At the end she totally chastised the foreign lady. I called the state police and he said to call the FBI. Wife then reported her to the FBI and they were looking into it because of the IRS fraud. Few days later there was a story in the local paper how this was going on all around the area.

The being in another state and instantly wanting to buy it was a big red light. Your right there is a lot of stupid people that fall for this. My wife got a call from the IRS(scammers) a week ago and the scammer said there was going to be a warrant out for us, yada, yada, yada. My wife played with for like an hour. At the end she totally chastised the foreign lady. I called the state police and he said to call the FBI. Wife then reported her to the FBI and they were looking into it because of the IRS fraud. Few days later there was a story in the local paper how this was going on all around the area.
Every day we get calls from sales (most of which are fraud), and scams. It definitely has outgrown just Craigslist.it started with just my cell but now is the house too. The world is full of scum.

Latest posts

Back