My wife and I are starting to prep. Have a few questions.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK GT. so I figure your best bet FOR NOW would be to grab a semi auto 22 psitol AND grab a semi auto 22 rifle. Next I would get a shotgun. Walmart has H and R pump shotguns for under 200. IF you feel you wanna upgrade after these then I would get urself an AR or AK in there standard battle calibers. AR's use .223/5.56, and AK's use 7.62X39.

But most of all spend time on the range and invest in some training!!!

Ruger makes a sweet .22 semi-auto rifle that you can add on a 35 round magazine (factory made). The rifle is the Ruger 10/22. As far as shotguns go...my choice is the Mossberg 500 12 gauge. I am new to shotguns though. Shotguns are nice weapons to have in your arsenal (and you won't get too much argument on this).

Yep, the ruger 10/22 is a fine weapon to be sure. Lot of fun stuff you can add to it. They start at about 209$ new. Mossberg 500 is also a fine choice.

I will say this about 12 gauges ... learn how to shoot one. The person I went shooting with to shoot a 12 gauge thought it would be funny to have me shoot it without instruction. Well I really hurt my shoulder... it was not enjoyable one little bit. I was about 12 or 13 at the time. It was years before I shot one again.

No I got the word from my doctors nurse today. No fractures or anything wrong on the x rays. if it swells she said just keep putting ice on it. I don't know if I mentioned it ,but I played a gig on bass with a friend of mine. Between that and trying out my other friends guns maybe was a bit much. Can't wait to go back out shooting. It's sounds strange,but it's a life saver for me. The more I keep busy the less I think about having to go in the hospital in late jan or feb.
I would like to start with buying 22 pistol and a suppressor. If I fill out a form or two I think it's legal here in Florida. However a friend of my wife said if the stuff hits the fan buying it would put me on a list. Isn't this a bit paranoid?
thanks GT.

No I got the word from my doctors nurse today. No fractures or anything wrong on the x rays. if it swells she said just keep putting ice on it. I don't know if I mentioned it ,but I played a gig on bass with a friend of mine. Between that and trying out my other friends guns maybe was a bit much. Can't wait to go back out shooting. It's sounds strange,but it's a life saver for me. The more I keep busy the less I think about having to go in the hospital in late jan or feb.
I would like to start with buying 22 pistol and a suppressor. If I fill out a form or two I think it's legal here in Florida. However a friend of my wife said if the stuff hits the fan buying it would put me on a list. Isn't this a bit paranoid?
thanks GT.
What part of Florida are you in? I'm in Northeast Florida.

I like to put ice on it for swelling and heat for healing (when there is NO SWELLING). I would also wrap it ... it will give your hand some support and help remind you that that hand is injured... I know I tend to overdo and re-injure things.

They do make rounds for .22 that don't use gun powder... they don't sound like a gun going off and the rounds travel a lot slower and I'm sure it would have a different trajectory. I have never heard it before but just going on reports.

Get your CWL (Concealed Weapons License) since you are in Florida... it's like around $115 for a license that is good for like 7 years. Our instructor recommended not to ever use your DD-214 if you were in the Military.

What kind of music do you play? I'm pretty good at playing the radio.

My wife and I live in Gainesville 40 miles from Ocala. I love Classic rock, RnB, good bands and artists that write good songs. No rap for me. If you you tube" How bout us" by the band champaign .It was a band the singer and I started in 79 then we split up after 8 months. 1 year later Im in California driving to a gig with another band and "How bout Us" came on the radio. I flipped. It made them some $ GT.

Jacksonville Fl is where I am. We have some pretty good weapon shops around and some firing ranges as well.

Oh, here is an interesting tidbit. I went in to one of the shops the other day and found an interesting round. I don't remember what it's designation is but it's for a .38. The interesting thing about it is that it's longer than the traditional round. The guy said that it is filled with buckshot, and the round is a hollow point with a ball inserted in it. When you hit someone with it the hollow point tears them up but the ball explodes when it comes in contact with bodily fluids!!!! I looked at him for a second, grinned, and mentioned that after all that the buckshot kind of seemed like a bit over the top. :)

Jacksonville Fl is where I am. We have some pretty good weapon shops around and some firing ranges as well.

Oh, here is an interesting tidbit. I went in to one of the shops the other day and found an interesting round. I don't remember what it's designation is but it's for a .38. The interesting thing about it is that it's longer than the traditional round. The guy said that it is filled with buckshot, and the round is a hollow point with a ball inserted in it. When you hit someone with it the hollow point tears them up but the ball explodes when it comes in contact with bodily fluids!!!! I looked at him for a second, grinned, and mentioned that after all that the buckshot kind of seemed like a bit over the top. :)
Hey Phoenix, I'm from Jax too. Glad your on the board here!

That round sounds a bit like the Hydrashok. I'm interested in learning more about them.

I think that was the name he gave me. It was at the Shooter's over on Blanding. Well, I guess it is Blanding, it's after you cross over 103rd St heading towards the FSCJ over on Park Street.

Just read that and I'm not sure that makes sense but it is the only way I can think to explain it lol.

Latest posts

Back