My wife and I are new Prepper's

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn taylor

Reaction score
We are from California living in Florida. In our mid fifties. I am a retired musician recording engineer. We own some property here in Florida were we lease out offices to pay our bills. The local government Loves to flex it's power to us it's subjects. They make up so many rules that it's hard for a guy like me to make enough to pay my bills and my large property tax bill each year. So I think when my parents are gone my wife and I might move somewhere inexpensive. So within about 5 years we will move. Where do we start?
Glenn.

We are from California living in Florida. In our mid fifties. I am a retired musician recording engineer. We own some property here in Florida were we lease out offices to pay our bills. The local government Loves to flex it's power to us it's subjects. They make up so many rules that it's hard for a guy like me to make enough to pay my bills and my large property tax bill each year. So I think when my parents are gone my wife and I might move somewhere inexpensive. So within about 5 years we will move. Where do we start?
Glenn.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I am in Southern California, and now that california has taken to recycling governors I too struggle to pay property taxes. I can't imagine what it would be like without Prop 13.

I will be moving when the kids are out of high school. So I have a few years left.

What are you prepping for?

Welcome Glenn Taylor!
if you need anything, feel free to ask!
i must admit your name sounds very familure.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I am in Southern California, and now that california has taken to recycling governors I too struggle to pay property taxes. I can't imagine what it would be like without Prop 13.

I will be moving when the kids are out of high school. So I have a few years left.

What are you prepping for?
Wow I am not sure? Seems like the government might tank the economy out! I ran a recording studio until 2009 when the economy and music busniness got even worse than I have seen in 30 years. Still own 2 buildings that we lease out. If I go out to work on the outside of the buildings within 5 minutes I will be aproached by someone wanting money. It's gives me a peak of living under marshall law. People around here in Florida are getting desperate If It isn't the government how about China coming over here and wanting us to eat rice! Our kids are grown and have families. GT

Where do my wife and I start? We will move in a few years maybe from Florida to North carolina. We are starting to pack up food. trying to get All the offices leased in our buildings so we can sell them soon for as much as we can and re invest in some property in North Carolina. I want to go off the grid. My wife Donna has been looking at wind turbine and solar batteries.

Where do my wife and I start? We will move in a few years maybe from Florida to North carolina. We are starting to pack up food. trying to get All the offices leased in our buildings so we can sell them soon for as much as we can and re invest in some property in North Carolina. I want to go off the grid. My wife Donna has been looking at wind turbine and solar batteries.
awesome idea!
my only problem with wind turbines is, that you can see them from a mile away, if their turning, i know someones probably using them.
however, wind turbines are a great sorce of energy, and can provide alot of electricity for you and your family.
ive never been to North Carolina, is there alot of wind there?

Sounds like you have a plan! That definitely puts you a head of most! I personally am prepping for Earthquakes, and economic collapse. And since jerry brown is governor again, economic collapse is probably not too far off.

awesome idea!
my only problem with wind turbines is, that you can see them from a mile away, if their turning, i know someones probably using them.
however, wind turbines are a great sorce of energy, and can provide alot of electricity for you and your family.
ive never been to North Carolina, is there alot of wind there?
My wife was born there. She thinks so. I should do some looking into. GT.

My wife was born there. She thinks so. I should do some looking into. GT.
also, if you decide to go that route, they sell wind turbine kits online, as well as numerous youtube videos on how to make them homemade.
ill do a little online searching for ya about how windy NC may or may not be and ill get back to you.

Glenn.
what part of florida are you in. im in florida myself

have you heard of the Canary Island volcano scare?
might be something to look into, and prepare for for those that live on the east coast.

also, im not sure if you know this yet or not, but at the top right hand corner of the page theres an "alert" and "inbox" there and they tell you if you have IM's (inbox) or if someone left a post to a thread that you left a post on.

im in jacksonville.need to grt out of here to close to the port and the navy bases

ya i hear ya!
i live right next to Skunk works, Northrop, and Edwards afb.
the leading fighter, sr, c, b, in the USA, if someones gonna get bombed, i might be preppen for not.
might only wanna prep some expensive wine, a cigar, hop on the house with some weilders goggles and enjoy the show! lol.
oh and maybe some high grade suntan lotion lol.

ya i hear ya!
i live right next to Skunk works, Northrop, and Edwards afb.
the leading fighter, sr, c, b, in the USA, if someones gonna get bombed, i might be preppen for not.
might only wanna prep some expensive wine, a cigar, hop on the house with some weilders goggles and enjoy the show! lol.
oh and maybe some high grade suntan lotion lol.
Think how easy it will be to light that cigar.

Latest posts

Back