My Tactical clothing post

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreakShow

Reaction score
I did a post about Tactical Clothing back in 2018, You may want to re visit this post a re read what i said in the beginning. Mind you this was two years ago and i got it right. Some of the people in the post were mocking me. Now maybe you will take me seriously.

I didn't see where any one was mocking you, I've seen they were mocking each other which is common on most threds but by in large it's all in jest, tactical clothing has it's place and location dictates what one chooses, in the most populated places tactical clothing is like a bulls eye where the gray man approach is the safest attire especially if passing through in the light of day.

well, one guy asked what i would be wearing, then put a picture of a hazmat suit and another said SHTF will probably not come. Yet so far we have a really bad virus, people rioting and looting and a government that's not doing so well. what would you call it, sounds a little like mocking to me. Either way i hope people will pay more attention to what is happening.

we're not quite yet at "hazmat suit" stage,but who knows what the new year brings for gifts..
still,get the stuff you need,what feels comfy for you...but be as grey man as possible for now..that's what I would advice,

well, one guy asked what i would be wearing, then put a picture of a hazmat suit and another said SHTF will probably not come. Yet so far we have a really bad virus, people rioting and looting and a government that's not doing so well. what would you call it, sounds a little like mocking to me. Either way i hope people will pay more attention to what is happening.

It wasn't a mock, I read that. At the very bottom of that post under the picture "Worldwide epidemic isn't without precedent. It's happened, not even that long ago. But the CDC and the WHO like to put out scare news every flu season, it's hard to separate the frequency from the noise."

I would weigh in somewhere in the middle of this discussion. I read the original post. While the pandemic did come to pass it wasn't as dire as predicted in the post. Very serious to be sure, and much worse than people ever expected, but we weren't walking over bodies in the streets. Only time will tell if it will be with us for four years. It will be one year in what, January?

As far as tactical clothing goes I have worn 5.1.1 pants for years. They are comfortable, durable, and IMHO fairly priced for what you get. I have never been disappointed with anything I have purchased from 5.1.1. I do have two vests, and one happens to be a 5.1.1 Taclite. I could wear that in my area and not stick out. It does have some outstanding concealed carry capabilities. The other is more of a military style, which looks like you are going to war. At a minimum you would be considered part of the SWAT team. It has a purpose, but I hope things never get that bad.

I think tactical clothing has come a long way. There are many items you can wear every day without looking like a commando. Sportsman's Guide has a good selection if anybody is interested, https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist?k=tactical clothing

Whats with "tactical", is that just a label to sell more?
I wear clothing that suits me and suits my lifestyle.

No its clothing and gear that was purposely designed originally for Police / Paramilitary / Military use that has found favour (often in modified form) with sportsmen, tradesmen, outdoorsmen, shooters and preppers. Just like you often see bikers wearing combat cargo pants with leather jackets. I often choose single colour tactical clothing simply cos its more comfy and durable than civvy clothing and often cheaper as well.

Latest posts

Back