My plan

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
learn to hunt, fish, treat your water that you can find, and go from there. Sounds like you need to start at basics, if you think that only your food comes from a can! Then maybe you can use the steam from your ears to heat it up. lol (just saying)

I'm with Gettingreadymama above. Stick to basics for now. I'm a teen, living at home, with an incredibly small budget to prep on and over time I've built a nice set up to get us through a small to larger disaster. I'm I done? No. Have I put lots of time in? Yes. Did I start the right way? Most likely not, but that doesn't matter. I started on pennies and over time I've built up. Lets say you take 25 cents a hour for prepping. Assuming you work 40 hours a week that gives you 10 bucks. Say you set that aside for 4 weeks. That gives you 40 bucks. See how this stacks? At only a fraction of your pay and it gives a start.

I'm with Gettingreadymama above. Stick to basics for now. I'm a teen, living at home, with an incredibly small budget to prep on and over time I've built a nice set up to get us through a small to larger disaster. I'm I done? No. Have I put lots of time in? Yes. Did I start the right way? Most likely not, but that doesn't matter. I started on pennies and over time I've built up. Lets say you take 25 cents a hour for prepping. Assuming you work 40 hours a week that gives you 10 bucks. Say you set that aside for 4 weeks. That gives you 40 bucks. See how this stacks? At only a fraction of your pay and it gives a start.

You got it Tyler! So proud of you! I am happy to see that you are doing well! Keep things up and stay strong. I may not be a teen any more, but your way to budget works for me as well!
I just want to add this.. shop or get things from yard sales, auctions, army surplus stores, learn to make and build your own things, and learn as much as you can every day!

What if we forgot to pack our P-38 opener (or lost it) and our bug-out spot doesn't have any concrete?

Any prepper ever without a knife? I've opened a can or two with just a pocket knife....and patience. Of course, any flat stone will work, doesn't need to be concrete. The rock/concrete method is also easier with using a knife at the end vs. squeezing the can.

Latest posts

Back