My newest knife (1)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
So for some unjust and inexplicable reason the UK govt has outlawed or frowned upon flipper opening blades, which means (for now) I'm saddled with THUMB STUD openers ( much better that notch or nail nick opening) Which in turn means I could NOT purchase the CRKT CEO flipper. I love my superb ordinary CEOs but fear complacency by me could see me damage these exectutive blades, I needed something similar in format ( Pen style that blends into formal or smart casual attire ) BUT sturdier and more durable. and I found this the RUIKE P 865- B liner locking folder ( like the CEO) slightly longer blade, thicker body as well and razo sharp. But stillelegant enough to pass for a large pen. There is also a very gentle curve to the grip making it fit very nicely to hand

ruike 1 (Medium).jpg
Ruike 2 (Medium).jpg
Ruike 3 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I will def check that out always looking for covert weapons. Love my CEO. I wanted the flipper version also but it was out of stock. So i got the original CEO. Sad to hear you cant have the flipper in UK. In Va. U.S we can carry what ever knife we want as long as you dont conceal it. Sadly that might be coming to an end. They are coming for our guns now. And after that im sure knives will be next. I work on a air force base that i can not carry my gun on . But i do carry knives. I live in a high crime nieghborhood so i always want to be prepared. Usually always carry a gun but not to work.

I will def check that out always looking for covert weapons. Love my CEO. I wanted the flipper version also but it was out of stock. So i got the original CEO. Sad to hear you cant have the flipper in UK. In Va. U.S we can carry what ever knife we want as long as you dont conceal it. Sadly that might be coming to an end. They are coming for our guns now. And after that im sure knives will be next. I work on a air force base that i can not carry my gun on . But i do carry knives. I live in a high crime nieghborhood so i always want to be prepared. Usually always carry a gun but not to work.

Ah my homeland the gangbangers use bottles, chisels, sharpened screwdrivers, craft knives, scalpels, machettes, scythes, zombie knives, chefs knives etc so the state bans lock knives, butterly knives, flick knives, flipper knives. The cretins totally defy all logic, but it looks good on the TV for the masses to swallow. Naturally not one gun or knife ban has had any effect on gun and knive crime cos the stats continue to rise.

ALL of the bans simply create more victims in waiting.

In Montana switchblades are legal. I collect edged weapons so I have a few. None are what I would call a fighting knife. More like an assassin's tool. With concealed carry being legal almost everywhere here. Well you know the joke about bringing a knife to a gunfight. No crime here but there is a city 60 miles away that has has armed attacks take place.

I see two possible reasons why you guys haven't sliced anyone up. First, you've got the wrong knife. Second,
you are decent respectable citizens that would be an asset to any community. I've had a CCW for going on 12 years and have never shot anyone. Do I have the wrong gun?

I am one of that generation who always carried a "pocket" knife, in the old days that was a "jack" knife with the spike, nowadays its a folder.
and I have never stabbed anyone nor even thought of doing so.

My dad always carried a small pocket knife, too, and always encouraged me to do the same. I currently carry a Gerber version of a small Swiss Army knife, though I've had Victorinox in the past. Not all that fancy, very utilitarian, and very capable. I have those, then I have fancier, bigger blades for the field or camping and whatnot. Yeah, it's probably a generational thing. My son, who's 18, always wants to carry some bad-### military-like knife which is impractical for daily use. Just fine if you want to gut a commie, though, I suppose.

I see two possible reasons why you guys haven't sliced anyone up. First, you've got the wrong knife. Second,
you are decent respectable citizens that would be an asset to any community. I've had a CCW for going on 12 years and have never shot anyone. Do I have the wrong gun?
I'm a nice placid guy provided I am left alone, people are okay in small doses but after half an hour I get bored and need to be on my own.

The knife that I currently carry on my gun belt is a Case model 772-6 utility knife with a 6" blade and bone handle. Right now I'm trapping coyotes and fox and I use the knife for chipping out trap beds in the ice and making cubby sets. Later in the spring for beaver trapping I carry a custom made bowie style knife with an 8" blade and a deer antler handle.

I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for trapping. After WW2 my dad made a living and put himself through college by trapping and hunting in West Virginia. I don't think at that time he thought of guns and knives as weapons. Just tools. Same with atomic bombs, as long as he lived he hated to see me park a Subaru in his driveway.

Latest posts

Back