My new EDC belt

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
My new EDC belt

Often I find its quite hard to get EXACTLY the sort of gear you need so you have to compromise, But is it always necessary to accept a compromise for ESSENTIAL gear like EDC gear that you rely on and tend to wear or carry 24/7/365.

I used to wear standard 1 ½ leather belts both conventional and ranger types I find the good quality ones are getting very expensive and harder to find, and the more affordable ones made in China or Mexico simply don’t last or they distort far to easily to remain reliable and functional.

So like many others I moved over to the far more affordable, cheaper but generally far more functional WEBBING type belts often called Training bets and Rigger belts

I only ever wear Cargos / Contractor pants or on occasion a pair of Wranglers, I like Regatta and Craghopper brands but there is a problem.

Though these pants come with 40 mm belt loops to accept 38 mm (1 ½) belts you cannot easily pass 38mm (1 ½) Fastex type buckles through them. I needed something different, simple and functional, So I ended up making my own.

Its 38mm webbing but with 25mm Fastex buckles and Velcro secured adjuster, maybe they are already available but I have not seen any, but chances are the US will have them.

A 38mm belt with 25 mm buckles provides the stiffness and support you need, but allows easy bending at the waste and or course its easy to loop the belt though the pants.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Quite simply I used TWO layers of 38 mm webbing sewn together with a 25 mm webbing layer sandwiched between the two 38mm layers, this gives the stiffness needed to hand stuff like multi tools, knives and flashlights without the belt folding up. All ends of the webbing cauterised to stop unravelling.

The three layers in total I sewed together by hand using double lengths of polyester thread with knots every ten thread loops (about ½ “ apart). I mounted the two 25mm sections of the Fastex buckle to 25 mm webbing and sewed them to both ends of the belt, I sewed some Velcro on the loose adjuster strap to tidy things up and keep everything secure.

DSCN0552.JPG

I generally wear a leather belt as my standard EDC, it has my lockknife pouch on it, also my key chain, but I have got some webbing belts too as a backup in my stores, its not easy getting a longer belt so I grab them when I see them...usually Ebay as we are so far from the shops that stock this kind of thing.

Very nice, I like the solidity of the 38 mm buckle but like the gentleness of the 25mm not digging into my belly as much when i'm driving

My new EDC belt

Often I find its quite hard to get EXACTLY the sort of gear you need so you have to compromise, But is it always necessary to accept a compromise for ESSENTIAL gear like EDC gear that you rely on and tend to wear or carry 24/7/365.

I used to wear standard 1 ½ leather belts both conventional and ranger types I find the good quality ones are getting very expensive and harder to find, and the more affordable ones made in China or Mexico simply don’t last or they distort far to easily to remain reliable and functional.

So like many others I moved over to the far more affordable, cheaper but generally far more functional WEBBING type belts often called Training bets and Rigger belts

I only ever wear Cargos / Contractor pants or on occasion a pair of Wranglers, I like Regatta and Craghopper brands but there is a problem.

Though these pants come with 40 mm belt loops to accept 38 mm (1 ½) belts you cannot easily pass 38mm (1 ½) Fastex type buckles through them. I needed something different, simple and functional, So I ended up making my own.

Its 38mm webbing but with 25mm Fastex buckles and Velcro secured adjuster, maybe they are already available but I have not seen any, but chances are the US will have them.

A 38mm belt with 25 mm buckles provides the stiffness and support you need, but allows easy bending at the waste and or course its easy to loop the belt though the pants.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Quite simply I used TWO layers of 38 mm webbing sewn together with a 25 mm webbing layer sandwiched between the two 38mm layers, this gives the stiffness needed to hand stuff like multi tools, knives and flashlights without the belt folding up. All ends of the webbing cauterised to stop unravelling.

The three layers in total I sewed together by hand using double lengths of polyester thread with knots every ten thread loops (about ½ “ apart). I mounted the two 25mm sections of the Fastex buckle to 25 mm webbing and sewed them to both ends of the belt, I sewed some Velcro on the loose adjuster strap to tidy things up and keep everything secure.

View attachment 4700
Y ea a local tactical store has that belt and a buddy i work with got one a while back ! its pretty nice thinking of getting one myself!

Latest posts

Back