My dad was a prepper, figuring out what to do after his passing

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prepperdaughter

Reaction score
Hi all,

Confession: I am not really a prepper. My father got heavy into the prepper life before his passing, and I am now stuck with a lot of prepper supplies. I have over $4000 worth of My Patriot Supply dried food and the seed vaults. Honestly I just need to get rid of this stuff and move on.

Can you guys help suggest places to post it so that I can sell it? I don't know how I can possibly ship it all, and I'd really rather get rid of it all at once rather than a little at a time.

I made an ebay post, but I don't know if the target market really goes there. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Patriot-Sup...s-/112115839551?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Please don't judge me for coming here. I really need to offload this stuff, and I don't know what to do.

Thank you for your help.

Try Facebook for localized yard sale sites. That will probably be your best bet for a local buyer.
Example, just search for [your city] yard sale, and you'll get some options. Go with one that has the most visits, etc. if there are more than one.

Be sure to check (and post) the expiration date too, as that will be a factor, as well as for price.
You likely won't get anything more than half retail price, but I do wish you luck in the endeavor.

Please don't judge me for coming here. I really need to offload this stuff, and I don't know what to do.

We're not big on judging folks....I think most of us are happy to help.

what gazrok says.im a member of a local Facebook group there.in which i sold a scooter for my mom in one.you might also think about going through it all.to see if there's anything there,that you do need for your self,and/or family.like oil lamps,flashlights and lanterns for power outages..

.that give me 4 full things of salt.

i do strongly suggest staying away from sites like Craigs list if you can.on account to many criminals there.i have a relative who got robed twice from people from that site..and i've heard of worse then that has happened to others.

For any of these kinds of sites, best to meet at a separate, well-populated location first.
For anyone coming to the ranch for such a trade (only when they are delivering, so this is rare), I always am sure to take a quick pic on the sly, of their vehicle and license plate, just in case it is ever needed.

Typically, I'll either meet at a location, or go to their place, but I always make it clear that others know where I'll be, to discourage any kind of skullduggery..... ;)

Try Facebook for localized yard sale sites. That will probably be your best bet for a local buyer.
Example, just search for [your city] yard sale, and you'll get some options. Go with one that has the most visits, etc. if there are more than one.

Be sure to check (and post) the expiration date too, as that will be a factor, as well as for price.
You likely won't get anything more than half retail price, but I do wish you luck in the endeavor.

We're not big on judging folks....I think most of us are happy to help.

Thank you for your advice. So, if you don't mind me asking, what do you think is a fair price? I don't know the target demographic or what to expect. I've included a lot of information regarding the expiration in the description in the eBay link? Could you advise what kind of minimum offer I should accept?

I'd recommend selling the seed vault and packaged food separately, as they typically appeal to different types of preppers.

Keep in mind, this is just a suggestion, but if you're looking to get rid of them, but still not get taken to the cleaners, I'd go with $100 for the seed vaults (basically $20 each).

Then, $2400 for the survival food as a starting price ($100 per month of food). Be sure to indicate where/how it was stored, so folks don't assume the worst. As far as how far to go down, that's really up to you, and how fast you want to liquidate it.

You could likely make more selling it piece-meal, but it will take you much longer.

Thank you for your advice. So, if you don't mind me asking, what do you think is a fair price? I don't know the target demographic or what to expect. I've included a lot of information regarding the expiration in the description in the eBay link? Could you advise what kind of minimum offer I should accept?
Post some Picts and info here, like expiration dates etc. you can easily google the items and find out what they cost new too. I liked what Jim said, as far as go thru some of it and see what you might be able to use yourself. You never know when a car might break down, or a job layoff, etc. I don't prep for just an end of the world scenario, but any kind of disruption in our lives.

I guess the most important thing here is I'm sorry for your loss. Getting your stuff sold on eBay is the easy part.

Latest posts

Back