My bug out plan.... and why it's best for me.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWCCMAN

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum, but not nearly new to the prepping lifestyle. I thought I'd share my bug out plans, and why for each. I have 2, and depending on whatever situation, I will make the choice on which one's best for the situation that has occurred.

My first initial and foremost plan is to bunker down, and stay "In". I live roughly 10 miles outside of the city of Mobile AL, and I have a piece of property that's fairly remote compared to many.

My driveway is off of a dead end private road, off of one of the major 2 lane highways that run North/South thru the state. I have established and determined that a quick chainsaw and 7-8 large pine and oak trees later, you will not willingly drive up my road.

If someone happens to come onto my property (close to 20 acres) and seems to appear to be "trouble", then we have 3 set's of half-buried bunkers for gun fire from, and protection thereof.

If the "gun holes" as we call them are not enough, we will simply retreat into out home, then go under into our underground shelter, accessible from inside our home, that also has an escape tunnel to get into the woods approx. 200' away. If we are pushed into the underground bunker system, then there will be already several casualties of the enemies, and they will believe us to be "held up" inside.

If they pursue it further, they will either a) burn our home down, or b) they will burn up inside when we self destruct it from below. The home burning will have no effect on the underground bunker system.

We have provisions now for around 8-10 people (and space) up to 7-8 months, as of NOW. We add every week.

Now, for bugging out.

If I see the threat needing us to "leave the area", we have 2 choices, ready to go.

1). If we wish to cover distance and stay on land, we have a 2000 International AmTran 45' Flat nose, rear engine diesel pusher bus that has been converted to an RV. Tagged, titled and insured. It gets 11.5 mpg, and has fuel tanks totaling 240 gallons (do the math). We can be loaded with our provisions and rolling within 2 hours.

2). This is my favorite, and the best for many situations. It can leave our home and belongings there open for the taken, but is the safest and the alternative that is felt to be the BEST for the worst idea of "roaming clans" and Government intervention into our homes.
We simply go "up the river" ;-). I have lived and hunted/boated our waterways for years, and know all nooks, creeks and rivers like I know my Bible. I have a 28' pontoon boat set up to load our provisions, and be on the water safely within 2 1/2 hours. We have a predetermined spot that we would stock with items and provisions beforehand (can make 3-4 runs in one day) shall the need arise. Once into our spot, we would simply cut down a few select, nice and large cedar trees across the opening of our "creek" that's barely 12' wide, and travels approx. 1/2 mile into land. Then it's simply a matter of outdoor camping ;-) We have plenty of hunting land full of food, and you can see up the River an easy 2 miles in each direction. We can see travelers and such as they pass by, and if we have any unwelcomes, we have the upper hand in several ways.
That's it. Pretty simple to me. Any questions or advice is well welcome. And thanks to all for such a great site.

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum, but not nearly new to the prepping lifestyle. I thought I'd share my bug out plans, and why for each. I have 2, and depending on whatever situation, I will make the choice on which one's best for the situation that has occurred.

My first initial and foremost plan is to bunker down, and stay "In". I live roughly 10 miles outside of the city of Mobile AL, and I have a piece of property that's fairly remote compared to many.

My driveway is off of a dead end private road, off of one of the major 2 lane highways that run North/South thru the state. I have established and determined that a quick chainsaw and 7-8 large pine and oak trees later, you will not willingly drive up my road.

If someone happens to come onto my property (close to 20 acres) and seems to appear to be "trouble", then we have 3 set's of half-buried bunkers for gun fire from, and protection thereof.

If the "gun holes" as we call them are not enough, we will simply retreat into out home, then go under into our underground shelter, accessible from inside our home, that also has an escape tunnel to get into the woods approx. 200' away. If we are pushed into the underground bunker system, then there will be already several casualties of the enemies, and they will believe us to be "held up" inside.

If they pursue it further, they will either a) burn our home down, or b) they will burn up inside when we self destruct it from below. The home burning will have no effect on the underground bunker system.

We have provisions now for around 8-10 people (and space) up to 7-8 months, as of NOW. We add every week.

Now, for bugging out.

If I see the threat needing us to "leave the area", we have 2 choices, ready to go.

1). If we wish to cover distance and stay on land, we have a 2000 International AmTran 45' Flat nose, rear engine diesel pusher bus that has been converted to an RV. Tagged, titled and insured. It gets 11.5 mpg, and has fuel tanks totaling 240 gallons (do the math). We can be loaded with our provisions and rolling within 2 hours.

2). This is my favorite, and the best for many situations. It can leave our home and belongings there open for the taken, but is the safest and the alternative that is felt to be the BEST for the worst idea of "roaming clans" and Government intervention into our homes.
We simply go "up the river" ;-). I have lived and hunted/boated our waterways for years, and know all nooks, creeks and rivers like I know my Bible. I have a 28' pontoon boat set up to load our provisions, and be on the water safely within 2 1/2 hours. We have a predetermined spot that we would stock with items and provisions beforehand (can make 3-4 runs in one day) shall the need arise. Once into our spot, we would simply cut down a few select, nice and large cedar trees across the opening of our "creek" that's barely 12' wide, and travels approx. 1/2 mile into land. Then it's simply a matter of outdoor camping ;-) We have plenty of hunting land full of food, and you can see up the River an easy 2 miles in each direction. We can see travelers and such as they pass by, and if we have any unwelcomes, we have the upper hand in several ways.
That's it. Pretty simple to me. Any questions or advice is well welcome. And thanks to all for such a great site.

Yep I'm a little jealous I don't have anything like that around here. But good job on coming up with not one but two strategies!!!:)

You seem very prepared, and have been working on this for quite some time. I envy you for that. For the bug in part, do you have a system to look out for those trespassers? Like early warning devices?

We have wireless security cameras. We also have a periscope to look directly out from each bunker. We are spaced in a way on our property to view each direction of approach, and be able to look out from each bunker, at the others by opening a hatch that is self camo'd. If we actually get to the event that marauders are coming onto our land, that will be very bad for them. We have many ideas not being published, but one that I've been most interested in is the remote controlled security firearms. There will be two when completed, and fire 12 gauge semi auto with a unique drum feed. This is all from INSIDE the bunker at the front of the property. It's operated by cables and mounted on a turnstyle. I've talked with our preppers, and just about have them convinced it's "Cool" for me to post pictures ;-)

Nice, sounds pretty intense. (and expensive), but more power to ya!

Now, for bugging out.

Welcome to the DPF's and are you a member of anonymous?

Now, for bugging out.

I like your plan layout sounds like you have a good handle on things and i really like the fact that you have a secondary bugout plan .

Latest posts

Back