Multi-Tools

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The JDK

Reaction score
Many people believe a a multi-tool for a BOB, Survival Kit, Camping or even EDC is a must.The amount of uses you can achieve out of such a compact piece of equipment is amazing. My choice of tool would have to be the leatherman wave, with quality blades and a a set of removable screwdriver bits that slide into the back of the sheath, it is hard to beat. What multi-tools do you guys consider to be a good choice?

image.jpg image.jpg

You are joking? Surely that is not your collection ...
If so, I have never been so jealous

That is no joke my friend that is just the tip of the iceberg for Colt 1911!! lol

Haha, I was referring to the multi-tool collection in the post above yours. What makes you so attracted to the colt 1911 by the way?

No no no sorry, that wasn't the intention of what I was asking. I literally was trying ask as to why everybody seems to like the colt 1911. Mainly due to me not being familiar with the pros and cons of many guns because they are pretty much banned in Australia.

No no no sorry, that wasn't the intention of what I was asking. I literally was trying ask as to why everybody seems to like the colt 1911. Mainly due to me not being familiar with the pros and cons of many guns because they are pretty much banned in Australia.

Oh my bad, totally took that the wrong way. Sorry.

No worries, glad it has been sorted. Ahh ok, that makes sense. Explains why generally many Americans seem to respect it so much.

Nice! Looks like a strong piece of equipment. I will have to look it up.

I like alot of things :p It is having to narrow them down that is the hard part ..
In terms of multi-tools, swiss army knives are definitely built to last and are a great option but I am still biased towards to A leatherman wave in terms of an all-round multi-tool.
For a solid survival type knife, I currently have the Kabar Large heavy bowie. However I think it is just a bit to oversized to carry as a good blade (also managed to chop 90% of my thumb off with it ..) so I would like to replace it with something a bit more practical.
And in terms of general EDC, I guess I usually just carry the leatherman and whatever else that might be lying around that I think I might need. Generally don't like to carry around too much stuff for EDC

I like alot of things :p It is having to narrow them down that is the hard part ..
In terms of multi-tools, swiss army knives are definitely built to last and are a great option but I am still biased towards to A leatherman wave in terms of an all-round multi-tool.
For a solid survival type knife, I currently have the Kabar Large heavy bowie. However I think it is just a bit to oversized to carry as a good blade (also managed to chop 90% of my thumb off with it ..) so I would like to replace it with something a bit more practical.
And in terms of general EDC, I guess I usually just carry the leatherman and whatever else that might be lying around that I think I might need. Generally don't like to carry around too much stuff for EDC

The wave is the ticket, By far the best seller world wide. You should ask Roninsensei on the fixed blade he's into cold steel and totally knows his stuff.

Alright, I will have to send him a message about it. Cold steel is an awesome company, love the range of weapons they offer. I was lucky enough to directly have a concept sent to the R&D team towards the end of last year. Havn't yet looked in depth at what they offer though in terms of a "survival" knife.

I now carry a leather an surge I think it is. With a couple extra blades and its original case.
Paid $39 for it from a second hand dealer. Will be having a look at the other leather an they have there as well.

Otherwise I have just been carrying around a pocket knife I got as a birthday present. Had a blade. And about 6 other bits and pieces including a little torch.
I am able to carry them with me as I'm in a wheelchair 80% of the time when out and about and justify it as it helps me with fixing my chair

I just got myself a Gerber/Bear Grylls Multi tool.

Would not have been my first choice, but one of my suppliers at work was doing a special on them.

So far, im impressed. It is quite heavy to hold and really sharp. I quite like it.

Came with a decent sheath also.

287358.jpg

I now carry a leather an surge I think it is. With a couple extra blades and its original case.
Paid $39 for it from a second hand dealer. Will be having a look at the other leather an they have there as well.

Otherwise I have just been carrying around a pocket knife I got as a birthday present. Had a blade. And about 6 other bits and pieces including a little torch.
I am able to carry them with me as I'm in a wheelchair 80% of the time when out and about and justify it as it helps me with fixing my chair

The Surge is a great tool. I've been on a wave kick lately.

I just got myself a Gerber/Bear Grylls Multi tool.

Would not have been my first choice, but one of my suppliers at work was doing a special on them.

So far, im impressed. It is quite heavy to hold and really sharp. I quite like it.

Came with a decent sheath also.

287358.jpg

The BG nice, like to hear a review.

Latest posts

Back