Multi-Tools

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a big fan of Bear Grylls, but the Gerber items with his name are some pretty decent little prepper tools. His survival knife is pretty darn cool. Ignore the bad reviews you may read about it, if they are prior to 2012. There was an issue with the first model that they fixed for anything now available.

Not a big fan of Bear Grylls, but the Gerber items with his name are some pretty decent little prepper tools. His survival knife is pretty darn cool. Ignore the bad reviews you may read about it, if they are prior to 2012. There was an issue with the first model that they fixed for anything now available.

Look cool. I agree butttttt they suck. Well at least the one I have does. Sucker cut the holy bee Jesus out of my thumb. Talking about the scout folder, the thumb stud position is weak an you can't get enough throw so the blade stops while your thumb goes through the blade. Ohhhh yeah good times. Have to keep it, once cut it's mine for life. Hate bear Grylls, lol

Did you have one from before January 2012? If so, it probably had the defect. I'm actually looking to get the Becker BK9 as my survival knife of choice though, to go with the BOB.
It was recommended by a friend. He was in the Special Forces, law enforcement, and now does high end private security, so I usually defer to his knowledge on such things. He's also an avid survivalist.

ji520bd3dd.JPG

Did you have one from before January 2012? If so, it probably had the defect. I'm actually looking to get the Becker BK9 as my survival knife of choice though, to go with the BOB.
It was recommended by a friend. He was in the Special Forces, law enforcement, and now does high end private security, so I usually defer to his knowledge on such things. He's also an avid survivalist.

View attachment 1380

That knife looks bad ###. Onto to BG knives, the problem was in the handles, they tended to break or crack while batoning. I picked this up, the Ontario pilot survival knife.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376659507.438542.jpg

Latest posts

Back