Mrs. Bob

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda went overboard on my BOB and ended up with it being so heavy, I don't think I would have been able to carry it very far. I had two weeks food supply in it, and that was most of the weight.

Since I packed for two (me and my wife) I finally thought about packing a smaller BOB for her to carry. Let her carry half the food and water, but not much hardware. So now I have two BOBs. Each has a week's supply of food, six water bottles, and a water purifier. Mr. Bob has all the hardware: compact stove, fuel, pistol, ammo, multitool, wind up flashlight/radio, cooking cup, matches, first aid kit, etc.

Mr. Bob and Mrs. Bob
BobJr.png

Does her BOB have any equipment in it? Not sounding sexist here but since most men can carry more weight, so it does make sense for you to carry more then her but what happens if you two get seperated? She would be without any hardware since you are toting it around. Maybe you should try to distribute the equipment more evenly. Just my 2 cents.

My BOB is the size of the Mrs.' bag... LOL. Mine used to be a huge frame backpack, but then I became sane, realizing that I'd have to lug it around for about 3 days to get home.

Maybe you should try to distribute the equipment more evenly. Just my 2 cents.

Well back to what happens if we get separated? Then neither of us will have all the equipment we need unless I duplicate some of the equipment. Right now, the only equipment duplicated is water filtration bottles. I guess I could find room for a multitool and small flashlight in there. The food doesn't have to be cooked, just mixed with water in the pouch, so she can survive with just the food and water with no stove.

OK, Mrs. BOB now has a flashlight and a (genuine) leatherman. Not really any room left, but I think I can cram a small first aid kit and space blanket in there.

If you mean what model Leatherman, it's a "Wingman" - pliers, knife, scissors, file, can opener, flathead and phillips sdrewdrivers, and what looks like a guthook. (by process of elimination, it has to be what is listed as a "package opener")

I have the wingman among a few others, just picked up this victorinox spirit it is awesome.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379615968.230341.jpg

a bag is better than no bag. at least you can start saving up to buy smaller items. they may cost more, but you get to carry less weight.

Latest posts

Back