Mouse Trap

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaterielGeneral

Reaction score
I first saw a YouTube video on a 5 gallon bucket mouse trap lid and then looked it up on eBay. Here is the best price that I found: Smart Continuous Mouse Rat Trap Plastic Flip N Slide Bucket Lid Mouse Rat Trap | eBay

Just put water in the bucket so the mice and rats drown. They climb up to the top and then fall thru a trap door. I am going to buy one when I get some throw away money.

Here is the video. (527) I Discovered The Greatest Mouse Trap Ever Invented! Amazing New Design. Mousetrap Monday - YouTube

For those of us that have mice problems and just cant get rid of them then this might be a really good tool.

I first saw a YouTube video on a 5 gallon bucket mouse trap lid and then looked it up on eBay. Here is the best price that I found: Smart Continuous Mouse Rat Trap Plastic Flip N Slide Bucket Lid Mouse Rat Trap | eBay

Just put water in the bucket so the mice and rats drown. They climb up to the top and then fall thru a trap door. I am going to buy one when I get some throw away money.

Here is the video. (527) I Discovered The Greatest Mouse Trap Ever Invented! Amazing New Design. Mousetrap Monday - YouTube

For those of us that have mice problems and just cant get rid of them then this might be a really good tool.
I took a 5 gallon bucket and a large pop bottle (plastic), ran a heavy wire through the sides of the bucket and through the pop bottle end to end. Filled the bucket half way with water then smeared peanut butter on the bottle and put a ramp to the top of the bucket. When the mouse climbs up the ramp and out on the bottle it will roll and the mouse falls in the water and drowns. I get mice and chipmunks that way. They fall in the duck pool and drown too.

Last edited:
I made something similar about 30 years ago but I didn't have the cover to keep them from jumping out. They jumped out.
They will do that if the bucket is more than half full. They will drown in our water troughs too if I let the level get more than 6" low.
Yesterday I shot a pine squirrel out of a tree in the backyard. The grandkids were impressed with grandpa.

Latest posts

Back