Most Unusual Prep

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t use regular bleach past 1 year of age. Increase the amount over 6 months of age. Here is a good article to help you. I printed off instructions from someone years ago and have them with the box of pool shock, and backup copies stored away. Pool shock goes a LONG WAY, so it really isnt expensive.

https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/how-to-use-pool-shock-to-purify-water/
Pool shock that is Safe. They aren’t all safe for drinking water because of additives!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...tag=ponparide-20&linkId=RIYLVQVZUMBSXVSO&th=1
Great, thank you Georgia 😊

Ok, I was out cutting trees down, delimbing, burning, shredding, things I should Not be doing, but you gotta do what you gotta do! When my Wife found some old cat litter pails I had in one of our storage buildings. In them I have pine cones in some, pine straw in some, small twigs in some and lint from the dryer in some. I did this to have them for starting fires in the future IF I ever needed them! All are< I believe, good, typical items. Yes you can pick them out of the yard just about anytime, but these will be dry and easy to get to. Is there something wrong with me doing that?

I don't believe I have anything odd or unusual in my supplies, I prefer practical over obscure. However when I do purchase an item for my prep stockpile I always try to get a minimum of two if possible to maintain redundancy. Unless owning two of everything is somehow strange?
nope, I always buy 2 of everything=sometimes more.

how about slingshots and slingbows? anybody got them?
I’ve never tried a sling bow but after fifteen minutes with a sling shot I can get pretty darned accurate. I got two, several extra bands and quite a few large steel pellets for them. Fun to pull out occasionally, and I think you could disable someone pretty easily or put dinner on the table with them if needed.

I’ve never tried a sling bow but after fifteen minutes with a sling shot I can get pretty darned accurate. I got two, several extra bands and quite a few large steel pellets for them. Fun to pull out occasionally, and I think you could disable someone pretty easily or put dinner on the table with them if needed.
I use glass marbles with them, got a big pot of them.

I have 1 slingshot and funnily enough this week I set myself the goal of improving my accuracy with it. Does anyone have any experience of hunting small animals like squirrels or wood pigeon?
Not sure what a wood pigeon is but I have killed squirrels with shotgun, 22 rifle, air rifle, and even a BB pistol. And trapped them with a Havahart trap.

I have 1 slingshot and funnily enough this week I set myself the goal of improving my accuracy with it. Does anyone have any experience of hunting small animals like squirrels or wood pigeon?
I’ve never used the slingshot on an animal but with 15 minutes of practice I can have tin cans scared for their lives!

you should have some wristrocket sling shots in your inventory - if for nothing else you can put the juniors to work going after rats/mice and small game for the cookpot ....

some yardage of the darker colored exercise stretch tubing isn't a bad idea - same with some pliable leather to replace the pocket >>> keep a wristrocket going for a decade ....

you should have some wristrocket sling shots in your inventory - if for nothing else you can put the juniors to work going after rats/mice and small game for the cookpot ....

some yardage of the darker colored exercise stretch tubing isn't a bad idea - same with some pliable leather to replace the pocket >>> keep a wristrocket going for a decade ....

Finding suitable natural ammo for the wrist rockets would also keep junior busy and help them feel like they are contributing.

Ok, I was out cutting trees down, delimbing, burning, shredding, things I should Not be doing, but you gotta do what you gotta do! When my Wife found some old cat litter pails I had in one of our storage buildings. In them I have pine cones in some, pine straw in some, small twigs in some and lint from the dryer in some. I did this to have them for starting fires in the future IF I ever needed them! All are< I believe, good, typical items. Yes you can pick them out of the yard just about anytime, but these will be dry and easy to get to. Is there something wrong with me doing that?
We always kept a stash of old newspapers and such for this purpose, and I remember filling an empty gallon jug with sawdust too. You just have to be careful not to keep them somewhere they will start a fire when you don't need one!

Not unusual perhaps for today it is?
In the years I have hunted I gathered quite a stockpile of coon, deer and elk pelts. I was making coonskin caps and deer and elk coats, I haven't done it since 2009 but still have the pelts. This is something I have learned from my great uncles as a young one.

One of my coats and hats, 2005

wayne2.jpg

Latest posts

Back