Morse Code

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Maverick

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
I dont think many people know morse code these days, apart from maybe some radio operators, I certainly dont and I dont think the masses do either.,
I was taught in the 8th grade at school from our shop teacher as a class course, today all my kids know it, when I was teaching them orienteering I also taught them morse code, orienteering was taught to me in the boy scouts which was expanded on in the Military. Some Amateur radio organization also teach orienteering, both orienteering and morse code are good courses to take!

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS: The ham radio operators saved a lot of people durring the Katrina mess and the hurricane that hit puerto rica. Hams will be there when all other fails!! Have you noticed the First Net trailers being placed in position around the country now?
I was on a Red Cross Disaster Action Team in the late 70's and during the "Easter Flood" in Jackson MS, we had Ham operators that went to key locations like shelters and the Emergency Operations Center. All phone service was out, and the EOC flooded which took down police and fire radio dispatch. We had full communications when nobody else did. And we knew what was really happening, which apparently nobody else did. The city government was in chaos and they had to set up a temporary EOC in an abandoned Sears building that was on high ground. Radio and TV station news departments were clueless.

Latest posts