Moles

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where did you set up the trap n peanut butter?in the vole tunnel,or on the ground?
i dug a hole right into a tunnel, then leveled the bottom and set the trap, then i covered with paper and set an empty pot down over it. i wanted him to be nice and cozy as he sat down for breakfast.

Got my third vole today! I'm going to go down in vole legend as Brent the merciless! Apparently there not real smart as I got three in the same hole, heck, I didn't even change the peanut butter. I was pretty worried about the greenhouse for a little bit there, but I'm more optimistic now.

I picked the last of the carrots today, only got 4 good ones out of about 20. Those little turds ate most of em. I can see this will be an ongoing battle with those furry little varmints.

20140307_173611.jpg
dogs dig them up......wont eat them

20140308_201934.jpg
6 so far this year, never saw this many in just 2 1/2 months

Attachments

• 20140308_201934.jpg
    20140308_201934.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
between brents carrots and realisticdudes moles we can prolly come up with some good stew..lol

Yep, I use cats and dogs to keep the other critters at bay. Works pretty well.

had that problem as well where I have my garden,then by some lucky stars a weasel moved in under my toolbox,no moles in two years now,that little killer takes care of them :)

had that problem as well where I have my garden,then by some lucky stars a weasel moved in under my toolbox,no moles in two years now,that little killer takes care of them :)
I wish I could use a weasel, but I have a feeling he would rather dine on chickens and rabbits.

yep,your chickens would def be a great feast for the weasel ;)

where did you set up the trap n peanut butter?in the vole tunnel,or on the ground?
I dug a small hole in line with the tunnel and covered with cardboard after placing the trap in the bottom. I picked some carrots tonight and discovered I have another vole. The little buggars tasted a third of the carrots I picked! I'll set another trap tomorrow. So far I've gotten three voles, but have not gotten any of the moles. I think I will try some raw hamburger on the trap for them.

To heck with the voles................Copperhead got my bitch on the snout yesterday.................ultimate price , paid in full....................Benadryl always at hand.

To heck with the voles................Copperhead got my bitch on the snout yesterday.................ultimate price , paid in full....................Benadryl always at hand.
How is she doing? Dogs are pretty tough, a lot tougher than we are. I've read that most dogs can handle a bite without medical care, but I'm sure it depends on where. Good thinking on the Benadryl. My pit is about 65 lbs, and is an allergy bug. She gets welts/hives all over her occasionally. Our vet suggested Benadryl, but what surprised me was she said to give her 5 or 6 at a time. Apparently dogs can handle higher doses than we can. I would sleep for a week if I took 6! Hope she's ok, Brent.

Latest posts

Back