Mobile custom RO filter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TroothSooth

Reaction score
I would appreciate advice on how to build a Reverse Osmosis filter bank for RV/Motorhome in early stage of build. I can get RO filter banks cheap enough for indoor use, but for on the road or secluded camp spot, I will need a 12v system for pumping. I see me pumping into a tank (have 90L) with one pump via a hose, and another for the filter bank.
It may be possible to adapt a system for 12v, but I only found a 24v solenoid to control flow. Being an electrically dependant system, I have to factor in battery's and future solar. I have a small generator. The longer to faf about the worse in a tight spot. Even working out an easy (and long) retracting hose system would be a good idea.
Cost is an issue, got to be smart in what I do, and with the space available, build the furniture around it. Measure twice, cut once.

I'm thinking of doing it this way, as looking at the filtration figures, it should filter out the vast majority of poisons (flouride/chlorine) in domestic water, and make ditch water run off safe to drink.
There is a lot of that near me, I often wonder at how clear it looks and it is a flowing source, but its probably contaminated from the fields.
There a few ponds around and even some wells, I shall be making a map of water sources and checking the viability of locations. Brightly colored motorhomes are not exactly stealth, and most of the springs will likely be awkward to get at and difficult to spot.
I've long wondered if some of those wells and hand pumps that obviously used to work, found around many English towns and villages, must still have water? Easy to get to for tourists:rolleyes:

Anyway, I would appreciate constructive input.

Latest posts

Back