Missing Members ???

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmttactical

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
There are times a member goes missing, sometimes just for short periods and sometimes for longer periods. There are man reasons for this but sometimes it is for health or other family emergencies. I just noticed that Squirtgunsquirter has not posted since last Wednesday, so I figured this would be a way to bring out the subject of absent members.

So if anybody knows or can contact SGS, and let us all know if he is doing well, I would be grateful. Maybe all my news articles have driven him into seclusion. I do think we need to keep a watchful eye out for our members.

There are times a member goes missing, sometimes just for short periods and sometimes for longer periods. There are man reasons for this but sometimes it is for health or other family emergencies. I just noticed that Squirtgunsquirter has not posted since last Wednesday, so I figured this would be a way to bring out the subject of absent members.

So if anybody knows or can contact SGS, and let us all know if he is doing well, I would be grateful. Maybe all my news articles have driven him into seclusion. I do think we need to keep a watchful eye out for our members.
SGS said he was leaving forum for a coupke of weeks because he got carried away and ended up researching 5 other memebers identities and felt realy bad about it afterward.

SGS said he was leaving forum for a coupke of weeks because he got carried away and ended up researching 5 other memebers identities and felt realy bad about it afterward.

Well darn, I read the post but missed the part about leaving the forum for a couple of weeks. Double darn for him self exiling himself.

I wondered who had been poking around in my closet,,,,,it was the dirty socks that got him,,,,,

I'm guilty of being absent ( I think it was almost 2 years ).
Work, Home, Life, etc, etc, etc......
I have also taken ownership of our Australian Prep site: Ausprep.com , as well as trying to reinvigorate our Asian site: Asiaprep.com
So I've been rather busy.,

We have a lot less members than here, 727 as I write.
One thing with admin we have discussed, is how to get members more involved, posts etc.

What we have learned is this;

1. A lot, if not, most people, will never post. They use our site as a "go to library" for information. That's ok with us. Some people don't want to post, or feel inadequate.
2. Some post, then fall off the forum. Sometimes it is disagreements over a topic, feel they have no more to offer, so stop posting.
3. Some lose interest, and never come back.
4. Some join, and never post, and never come back.

On the positive, recently we have had a number of members who were absent for over a year be seen back on line. We usually message them, say hi, and welcome them back.

Solutions?

Not sure, but I'll throw out a few ideas.
We have a State/territory thread, and we organise get togethers with people. Because we are so small, we can easiy handle this.
Is it feasable to have a number of members responsible for their own states, and if there is a way, to email/contact members from their respective state, say hi, encourage them to come back, even ask for feedback.
We did that a while ago, ask for feedback from once regular members. One was concerned that there were too many males in charge, and not enough female participation. We took this on board, though one of our three head admins is a female. We did also start a "Womens Thread" where women could discuss prepping issues relevant to them, as well as a "secret' area for women only to discuss in private.

Then again, we have banned a lot of people too, which has become a bit of a competition with us admin as to who can ban the most trolls & morons that hit our page.

Hope this helps.

PS - I'll be around more, I promise.

I'm guilty of being absent ( I think it was almost 2 years ).
Work, Home, Life, etc, etc, etc......
I have also taken ownership of our Australian Prep site: Ausprep.com , as well as trying to reinvigorate our Asian site: Asiaprep.com
So I've been rather busy.,

We have a lot less members than here, 727 as I write.
One thing with admin we have discussed, is how to get members more involved, posts etc.

What we have learned is this;

1. A lot, if not, most people, will never post. They use our site as a "go to library" for information. That's ok with us. Some people don't want to post, or feel inadequate.
2. Some post, then fall off the forum. Sometimes it is disagreements over a topic, feel they have no more to offer, so stop posting.
3. Some lose interest, and never come back.
4. Some join, and never post, and never come back.

On the positive, recently we have had a number of members who were absent for over a year be seen back on line. We usually message them, say hi, and welcome them back.

Solutions?

Not sure, but I'll throw out a few ideas.
We have a State/territory thread, and we organise get togethers with people. Because we are so small, we can easiy handle this.
Is it feasable to have a number of members responsible for their own states, and if there is a way, to email/contact members from their respective state, say hi, encourage them to come back, even ask for feedback.
We did that a while ago, ask for feedback from once regular members. One was concerned that there were too many males in charge, and not enough female participation. We took this on board, though one of our three head admins is a female. We did also start a "Womens Thread" where women could discuss prepping issues relevant to them, as well as a "secret' area for women only to discuss in private.

Then again, we have banned a lot of people too, which has become a bit of a competition with us admin as to who can ban the most trolls & morons that hit our page.

Hope this helps.

PS - I'll be around more, I promise.
I have run a number of forums,,,,banning trolls or trouble makers can be touchy I had 3 guys that I banned once and they were complete turds,,,,even the aholes have supporters ,,,,, I was getting complaints from a lot of members,but once the ban was in effect,,,,,their was a group of about 40 members that did nothing but raise hell about it,,you can not ban every member you don't like,,after 3 or 4 months I walked away from the site,,,it just was not worth the trouble,,,,,,,, if you are in charge of a site it is best to create a dummy account to do all the dirty work.....just my .02 worth

I have run a number of forums,,,,banning trolls or trouble makers can be touchy I had 3 guys that I banned once and they were complete turds,,,,even the aholes have supporters ,,,,, I was getting complaints from a lot of members,but once the ban was in effect,,,,,their was a group of about 40 members that did nothing but raise hell about it,,you can not ban every member you don't like,,after 3 or 4 months I walked away from the site,,,it just was not worth the trouble,,,,,,,, if you are in charge of a site it is best to create a dummy account to do all the dirty work.....just my .02 worth
yeah tell me about it, I was running a prepping site as manager with the agreement I would take over from the owner at a later date, thankfully I hadn't got around to laying out any money on it just my time, effort and knowledge, too many arseholes coming on site, not all spammers just moaners, came on site one morning to find the owner had banned me, (how the hell do you ban a FORUM MANAGER?) that's was the end of that, the site has gone on under a different name but most of the members haven't got the slightest clue about life post SHTF as they are all short term "preppers".

yeah tell me about it, I was running a prepping site as manager with the agreement I would take over from the owner at a later date, thankfully I hadn't got around to laying out any money on it just my time, effort and knowledge, too many arseholes coming on site, not all spammers just moaners, came on site one morning to find the owner had banned me, (how the hell do you ban a FORUM MANAGER?) that's was the end of that, the site has gone on under a different name but most of the members haven't got the slightest clue about life post SHTF as they are all short term "preppers".

I am into rabbit hunting with Beagles and have been a member on several sites,,,,,,maybe I just don't play well with others but I have been banned a number of times for not taking crap from anyone,,,,including owners,,,,,,,,,,,my solution I now have my own forum ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,https://www.thebeaglehound.net/ ,,,,,,, it is small but that suites me fine,,,I check every member and I know most of the people who use these sites and most are members on several forums,and known trouble makers are not welcome

I am into rabbit hunting with Beagles and have been a member on several sites,,,,,,maybe I just don't play well with others but I have been banned a number of times for not taking crap from anyone,,,,including owners,,,,,,,,,,,my solution I now have my own forum ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,https://www.thebeaglehound.net/ ,,,,,,, it is small but that suites me fine,,,I check every member and I know most of the people who use these sites and most are members on several forums,and known trouble makers are not welcome
I think that's my trouble, I don't take crap from anybody and if I think their talking crap I will say so.
been banned from several sites for my forthright views, dosent matter and I don't care.

I think a key point has been missed. Political environment. When people feel safe then there is no need to prep. When they get nervous, they start prepping.

In the first year after Trump was elected, prepping nearly disappeared. Everyone had to revamp how and what they sold. It's now coming back but still a fraction of what it was in '16 pre-election. It will get busy again as the 2020 election gets ramped up this next year.

Nice site Ghost!

Latest posts

Back