Mini pry bar

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
Cut the front off home depot mini pry bar, rounded the edge drilled a hole. I think you could make two out of it, it was around 4 or 5 bucks
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348200902.437785.jpg

And a quick paint job.

You can get two out of the home depot bar, or just make it out of some flat stock. A hack saw and a drill will do, just need the grinder to make it round.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348259857.965764.jpg

Cut the front off home depot mini pry bar, rounded the edge drilled a hole. I think you could make two out of it, it was around 4 or 5 bucks

And a quick paint job.
You can get two out of the home depot bar, or just make it out of some flat stock. A hack saw and a drill will do, just need the grinder to make it round.
Nice work! I can definitely see a use for this. I think I will run down to home depot to see what I can find this weekend!

I just cant see paying 60 bucks for a attwood pry bar, they are nice but give me a break, I will spend that on some water. " which is one of my short comings "

Well this is the sort of thing I have in abundance I've got at least 3 Estwing framing hammers and to tell you the truth the claw on a framing hammer ( a straight claw ) works pretty good for prying and in fact it works frighteningly well for making the initial opening in anything. In fact the Estwing 16 in. straight claw framing hammer is probably the #1 most versatile tool known to man in fact I guess the hammer its self i.e. the club is the most basic of tools known to man. However this hammer...
hammer.png

Has sooo many uses for instance it can be used to strip knelling and firewood from logs or trees It's very simple and effective. You plant the claw deeply in the tree / log and pry outward thereby ripping out big chunks of ready to burn wood.

I, I, I......nah, I'll just leave this one alone again.

I, I, I......nah, I'll just leave this one alone again.
Oh don't do that, lets hear it ! These where just mini's for like paint cans and small stuff, But lets move to bigger and better. Sure you have some say in this with what you do. This is my latest, not sure on it yet. Have to run it through some more testing.
31JGRisbN5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oh don't do that, lets hear it ! These where just mini's for like paint cans and small stuff, But lets move to bigger and better. Sure you have some say in this with what you do. This is my latest, not sure on it yet. Have to run it through some more testing.

Ahh.. The breaching tool. I've been intrigued by them. As to the Estwing hammer. I carried one of those on my belt for years, pretty much had one in my hand all day everyday for years. That hammer at 28oz. is quite unstoppable. I've used one many times to cut down small trees and to split fire wood. it will easily split a 24in. log. one of the neater tricks is that you can when in the middle of a down pour, gully washer rain storm, break off a dead limb from a tree, then use the hammer to crush the wood of the limb by pulverizing the wood you will get excellent kindling because the wood inside the limb will always be dry no matter how wet everything else is.

Also makes a very formidable weapon. The first multi tasker.

May have to get this one as well, saw this was kind of a older post, wanted to refresh it up.
And mini pry bars work wonders in many types of scenarios or situations.

Hey Colt in the zombie go boom test of that pry-bar it broke while striking cinder block...

Ya pricey for sure but its titanium and you get what you pay for and that's worth its weight in gold!! lol

I have 2 of these. The mid breach and the pocket widgy. Love em. This company makes a lot of nifty stuff.

http://countycomm.com/barfamily.html

View attachment 380

I have 2 of these. The mid breach and the pocket widgy. Love em. This company makes a lot of nifty stuff.

http://countycomm.com/barfamily.html

View attachment 380
Those are awesome, I have been looking at those for awhile, I think it's time to pull the trigger. Thanks for the reminder.

Latest posts

Back