Military warns EMP attack could wipe out America, 'democracy, world order'

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
In an extraordinary and sobering report meant to educate the nation on a growing threat, a new military study warns that an electromagnetic pulse weapon attack such as those developed by North Korea, Russia, and Iran could essentially challenge the United States and displace millions.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-could-wipe-out-america-democracy-world-order
The book ‘one second after’. Was one of my all time favorites. Not only a good read but you can learn a few things about how hard life would be without electricity.

Don’t forget, the sun is a potential player there too. It throws off flares all the time. With us constantly circling it we are kind of playing Russian roulette all the time.
I think the sun poses a bigger threat than an EMP from NK, Russia or Iran. The government always has to come up with potential threats in order to keep justifying the enormous cost to the tax payer for the military industry.

I think the sun poses a bigger threat than an EMP from NK, Russia or Iran. The government always has to come up with potential threats in order to keep justifying the enormous cost to the tax payer for the military industry.
Agreed. With one boogeyman after another they guarantee their own financial ticket.

I hope it doesn’t happen. I am stuck in suburbia, so it will be rough at best. I can’t even get my garage door open when the electricity goes out.

Ah, yes you can, there is a release handle on all brands of residential type garage door openers. Just for those types of event or when folks forget to change the battery and fail to check the push button on the wall. In my youth, I installed and repaired garage door openers. By the way, garage door openers are horrible security risks. They are easy for robbers to open by hand, due to these disconnect releases. If you have garage doors with window panels, black them out, this also speeds up entry as it makes tripping th release that mush easier. NOTE: You can block the release by simply putting a pin / bolt/ nail, through the release point. The operator still works but can't be disconnect until th pin is removed. Never, ever use a key switch mounted on the outside of the garage, It takes less than 1 minute to pry out the switch and jumper the wires and open your garage door. Been there and done that, saved owner from having to call a locksmith to get back in her house --- she was my neighbor at the time --- no doubt of identity.

I could function without electricity, I just really don’t want to. Life is so much easier with it, and a lot more comfortable. Right now I heat mostly with wood in the wood stove. If I had to cook and heat water daily with it I would use 4 times the amount of wood. Just keeping up with that would be tough. Luckily I have a root cellar and a cold water creek that would help keep food fresh longer than most, but the fridge is a really nice thing to have. I will enjoy the benefits of having the grid as long as I can. I do plan to have enough solar to at least keep the fridge and freezer going in the next few months. Getting comp

http://mentalfloss.com/article/21623/10-methods-scientists-use-date-things
I could function without electricity, I just really don’t want to. Life is so much easier with it, and a lot more comfortable. Right now I heat mostly with wood in the wood stove. If I had to cook and heat water daily with it I would use 4 times the amount of wood. Just keeping up with that would be tough. Luckily I have a root cellar and a cold water creek that would help keep food fresh longer than most, but the fridge is a really nice thing to have. I will enjoy the benefits of having the grid as long as I can. I do plan to have enough solar to at least keep the fridge and freezer going in the next few months. Getting comp

my iPad froze... first time that’s happened. I was saying that getting completely off grid is a pretty big investment, not to mention that it would probably be affected by a pulse as well. Here’s to hoping it dosent happen in our lifetimes.

I just reckon when the power goes off we will just live a different sort of life, one much closer to a more natural life, closer to the earth as some would say, of course a lot of the UK population wont make it- the ones that cant live without electricity, central heating, the internet, and all the gimmicks and gizmo's.

I just reckon when the power goes off we will just live a different sort of life, one much closer to a more natural life, closer to the earth as some would say, of course a lot of the UK population wont make it- the ones that cant live without electricity, central heating, the internet, and all the gimmicks and gizmo's.
But how long will you make it an acute appendicitis, or some other easy curable illness .. as long as doctors have electricity?

Latest posts

Back