Meeting/Rally Points

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you 100% I want this to be a learning weekend. Where families are definitely involved. I have no desire to drink or partake in any kind of drugs. I was in the Military for almost 15 years until I was injured during my second tour in Iraq so that's not how I operate. I would want whoever hosted the event to be 100% comfortable with the whole thing and how it will operate. We don't need anyone acting like an idiot. Let me know if this is something you would really like to host and let's put the feelers out on the site and see how the response is to it. I think we would need a group of at least 20 people/families to make worth our while. PM me and we can discuss the particulars. I am still trying on my end as well but don't have many connections out that way. I would have just one place in Idaho that we may be able to do it as well.

Army, after talking to the hubs, the insurance, and our lawyer, it's not going to happen at our place. I just can't open up the possibility of a law suit if someone were to get hurt. I asked about signed waivers and the lawyer said that they won't protect us in court. Sorry, I was kind of looking forward to it.

Well no big deal. We will find another place to get this set up and do this. I really feel now is the time for this and it would be great to share all of our skills and such with each other somewhere, where no one will bother us. Let me keep working it on my end and see what I can come up with. I am still sending out emails to some old unit buddies with land in PA and Idaho. I know neither are in the middle of the country, but these are the ... Wait a minute I just thought of someone in KY as well, and maybe a guy in Michigan if I can find him. I will keep trying and if anyone else has any ideas please let me know. Thanks Anorak for trying.

I am curious to your thoughts about meeting other preppers in a "camping" trip.

I am hopping something like this could grow into members forming communities should something happen and we have bug out from where ever we currently find ourselves.

Please share on here if you are interested, and where you think a good meeting/rally point would be.

this is the reason I was thinking about setting my property up to handle a group

this is the reason I was thinking about setting my property up to handle a group

I have been trying to work something out on my end for a couple weeks, but no luck yet. I have some emails out to some buddies from my old unit in the Army to see if we could use any of their properties. Trying to call in some favors but no luck yet. Could you host an event like the get together we have been talking about?

I have been trying to work something out on my end for a couple weeks, but no luck yet. I have some emails out to some buddies from my old unit in the Army to see if we could use any of their properties. Trying to call in some favors but no luck yet. Could you host an event like the get together we have been talking about?

give me some time to set it up and get things finished with work but yes I would be honored to set something up

That would be great! Let me know, and we can talk via message. I have some great ideas and I think we could really learn a lot if we get the right people together. A mix of different specialties so we can share with the new people and learn from each other as well.

I would really like to have some kind of meeting or camp out or even something like a sturgis. A central place we could ,meet up once a year or every six months to pool ideas and practice techniques. Share our strengths with everyone else. I think somewhere midwest or around that area so it's not one coast or the other and fair for everyone. I will have to think on this and try to come up with a plan to submit to everyone

Would love this!

I have the process in place for it give me some time to finalize all the details and weather to turn and I will put it on send me priv message for info

I like the concept and interest. Communicating on the internet is very helpful but gathering together would make it more real. I would be inbound (along with the ducks) from the Great White North and for personal reasons would support a meeting in late summer or the fall. Obviously no one location can suit everybody and most of us would need to travel a long distance where ever we meet however considering all the things we talk ernestly about doing to prep this sounds to me like a hellava good investment in time and money! Old_Anorak has made many good points and it sounds like she and her husband have a lot to offer - including a viable destination. Sounds like a winner. Stay safe.

I have thought about this thread for a bit....

ani_thinkingcap0.gif

being that the members here are spread out, and meeting new people is always a risk.

How about:

1) Several regional gatherings?

2) Say.. a group get together at a baseball game?

set up a tailgate gig, if the stadium allows it? Because of the incident that occurred last May at Dodger Stadium.

Check your local teams website to View their policies

Tailgate Policy: Angels

yea, I can see a bunch of preppers hanging out at the Phillies Stadium! jk I think it's a good idea to maybe have a rep from each State and break down the U.S. into 3 parts...West, Mid, East. you could even have two reps for northern parts of a State and Southern. Host a meeting or get together once a year and then if you wanted to hold a huge rally in one central location you could and bring all 3 groups together....that's what I would do if I was to organize something like this.

I think you will find a huge problem with liability issues...I wouldn't want to be personally responsible for a bunch of people I don't know. If you have rep's in each State you could do classes for skill building and info meetings and it would be on a smaller scale.

Jeepgirl, I considered hosting a meet, but when I talked with my husband, our lawyer, and insurance guy, we vetoed the idea due to liability issues.

Yea, I think we would have to be an actual club and be incorporated then carry insurance...blah, blah it sounds like a good idea but honestly I don't have the time anymore to run something like that. Who knows what will change in the future!

Jeepgirl, I considered hosting a meet, but when I talked with my husband, our lawyer, and insurance guy, we vetoed the idea due to liability issues.
It is a sad state of affairs when you have to consult with an attorney just to have a gathering! It sucks that people are so damn sue happy!

Latest posts

Back