Meeting/Rally Points

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a meet sounds great.but im thinking the states that are in the middle.like from texas on up to oklahoma,kansas,colorado,nebraska south and north dakota..maybe even wyoming.that way no one has to drive or fly from one side to other side of usa.the upper states (if i remember right) has some great areas to meet,camp out and all.and great mountains rivers and all..

That's a great idea. Anyone know someone or have a lot of private land we could use for a get together? I have put out some feelers here but nothing yet. Trying to get some of my PA friends to let us use their hunting land but no answer yet. If anybody knows anyone or can think of anything let me know, because I know PA would be far for a lot of you and I would like to find something in the middle of the country to try to be fair to everyone.
Hi ARMY127 We have 120 acres of private land but we are in Arizona! To far to be practical for people in your area. I feel for you people back east. here in AZ anybody can carry a fire arm loaded if they are not a felon. we can go in any public place that does not have a sign restricting fire arms. It has been that way for a few years now and has worked out pretty well. But to get to your question, we do have the place you are looking for! you can legally do any of the things you mentioned! and we have camping facility's and much more that we posted in the new site on locations for this kind of meet & greet in the southwest, That we presented to the members in our area. Give it a look. If we can be of any help give us a shout! "Mountain Scout"

This is really good, Mountain Scout. I would like to see a thread on this... Assuming folks don't mind the idea of having people at their property for a M&G.

There are a lot of threads on this subject so far, but nothing that touches SPECIFICALLY on people with land that is available for networking and learning.

Hi ARMY127 We have 120 acres of private land but we are in Arizona! To far to be practical for people in your area. I feel for you people back east. here in AZ anybody can carry a fire arm loaded if they are not a felon. we can go in any public place that does not have a sign restricting fire arms. It has been that way for a few years now and has worked out pretty well. But to get to your question, we do have the place you are looking for! you can legally do any of the things you mentioned! and we have camping facility's and much more that we posted in the new site on locations for this kind of meet & greet in the southwest, That we presented to the members in our area. Give it a look. If we can be of any help give us a shout! "Mountain Scout"
Hi alabaster thanks for the like! I'm a little slow getting to the computer tonight been really busy today, I'm trying to catch up with things. It's good to see some interest in our area. We would be glad to show you people around if anybody happens to be in our area. Thanks Again "Mountain Scout".

This is really good, Mountain Scout. I would like to see a thread on this... Assuming folks don't mind the idea of having people at their property for a M&G.

There are a lot of threads on this subject so far, but nothing that touches SPECIFICALLY on people with land that is available for networking and learning.
Thanks again, alabaster! We would be glad to host a meet and greet on our property and everybody already knows about our place. I am curious to see if this develops into a good project. Good Prepping every one. "Mountain Scout".

i just used mapquest to see how far it is from city to city.it'd take me some where between 19 to 21 hours to get to where you are mountain scout

i just used mapquest to see how far it is from city to city.it'd take me some where between 19 to 21 hours to get to where you are mountain scout
Hi jimlee! You must live clear the other side of Texas! Or else you drive a model A Ford or a bicycle. Any way I had no way of knowing where you were located so I guess I missed the mark, sorry I was mistaken on the time it would take. Hope I didn't cause you any problem. Anyway its good to hear from you and it might be worth the trip, The wife and I think nothing of covering 7 or 8 hundred miles of mostly dirt trails in a weekend, which is about equal to 1500 miles of highway miles but we get into places where the ordinary person would not go, we just hook on to a fallen tree and cut or pull it out of the way and go on, large rocks are a different story because if you hook on to them on a hillside and you get them moving they invariably start to roll down hill and want to take you with it, So as soon as it starts to move where it could be dangerous your companion pulls the quick disconnect! and you never pull a boulder down toward your vehicle,it will usually run over you! on a steep hill, I carry a snatch block for situations like this and pull it in a direction that is safe and out of the way. Anyway enough rambling, Have an interesting day! "Mountain Scout"

no problems here..i knew itd be a good drive before i even looked into it..if you check it out by going with tyler tx.you'll at least have a good idea where i live n all.i live between you and tyler tx..
yeah always be carefull of what you atach a wench or what ever to.

Last edited:
no problems here..i knew itd be a good drive before i even looked into it..if you check it out by going with tyler tx.you'll at least if a good idea where i live n all.i live between you and tyler tx..
Hi jimLEE I agree about the wench been there done that. We are off road people! We have a short run planed with the family this weekend. need to do some work on my cj5 before the kids get here. I'l send you a picture later of our cj5 on our rock course just fooling around having fun with the kids. Have a good thanksgiving! "Mountain Scout"
securedownload.jpg

no problems here..i knew itd be a good drive before i even looked into it..if you check it out by going with tyler tx.you'll at least have a good idea where i live n all.i live between you and tyler tx..
jimLe I made a boo boo and sent a full size pic instead of a thumb nail sorry! If you like this kind of pictures I have plenty more. next time i'll send thumb nail pic's Have a good thanksgiving! "Mountain Scout"

to bad i wasnt there with a pea shooter or what ever when that pic was taken..lol

to bad i wasnt there with a pea shooter or what ever when that pic was taken..lol
Hay jimLE I'm Glad you were not there because if you had hit him where i think, he would have abandoned his very needed position and then I would have more work to do on my cj I have already had it greasy side up 2 times now and I don't need any more work. So if you get over this way leave your pea shooter at home! "Mountain Scout"

Latest posts

Back