Meeting/Rally Points

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, we got to talk sometime when you aren't about to hit the hay.

True. Didn't the congress pass a law that allows for the carry of firearms in national parks?
I know there are some rather large parks like Yellowstone in Wyoming, and Yosemite in california.
There is also Glacier National Park. The good thing about living in the Flathead Valley is that there are a few campsites even outside Glacier. I have also been wondering how many people when SHTF would be going to campsites that are known to them in their area. The question is that would it be smart to go to them like everyone else? Or would it be better to go up in the mountains and start over primitively?

There is also Glacier National Park. The good thing about living in the Flathead Valley is that there are a few campsites even outside Glacier. I have also been wondering how many people when SHTF would be going to campsites that are known to them in their area. The question is that would it be smart to go to them like everyone else? Or would it be better to go up in the mountains and start over primitively?
I guess that would depend on the people around you. If you are surrounded by good people then having a "community" would be a good thing, but it only takes one ### to screw that up! Conversely there is something to be said about going it alone or immediate family only.

I guess that would depend on the people around you. If you are surrounded by good people then having a "community" would be a good thing, but it only takes one ### to screw that up! Conversely there is something to be said about going it alone or immediate family only.
Good point. I like your thinking.

I would really like to have some kind of meeting or camp out or even something like a sturgis. A central place we could ,meet up once a year or every six months to pool ideas and practice techniques. Share our strengths with everyone else. I think somewhere midwest or around that area so it's not one coast or the other and fair for everyone. I will have to think on this and try to come up with a plan to submit to everyone

Sounds good to me Army. I'm here in BFE Missouri. And welcome to the forum.

Thanks and I am working on something now. I think I may put a link on the site with clues and just grid coordinates for everyone to follow with a date to arrive and see who shows up. Everyone's thoughts?

I would really like to have some kind of meeting or camp out or even something like a sturgis. A central place we could ,meet up once a year or every six months to pool ideas and practice techniques. Share our strengths with everyone else. I think somewhere midwest or around that area so it's not one coast or the other and fair for everyone. I will have to think on this and try to come up with a plan to submit to everyone
Oh man, you are asking for trouble. They would shut it down so fast, it would have to be under a umbrella of some other type of event, off road would be perfect cause it goes hand and hand with camping so they would not know it was a prepper type rally. Man just think of all that could be learned, bought and sold.

That's what I mean. I would set it up in a secret location out of the way in the woods like a big camp out and we should be good. We could learn a ton with the exchange of ideas and teach each other our unique skill sets. I think it would be great even if we couldn't shoot there is so much we could learn from a gathering of sorts. I am trying to find a spot where we can shoot camp and do everything undisturbed. It will have to be in a state where there are freedoms to do what we please. I can get it figured though. Anyone have any suggestions that would be great too.

That's what I mean. I would set it up in a secret location out of the way in the woods like a big camp out and we should be good. We could learn a ton with the exchange of ideas and teach each other our unique skill sets. I think it would be great even if we couldn't shoot there is so much we could learn from a gathering of sorts. I am trying to find a spot where we can shoot camp and do everything undisturbed. It will have to be in a state where there are freedoms to do what we please. I can get it figured though. Anyone have any suggestions that would be great too.

for the shooting part we could always bring along training guns... the ones that are blue or something of the sort. so we could still train just not live fire.

That's a good idea. I am still trying to put together something with a live shoot, but we may have to camp at one location and do a live shoot class at another location near by. Still working on it though. Let me know if you guys think we could get a group of at least 20 together to make it worth it before I try to call in too many favors. I also may need back surgery again from my injuries in Iraq so this would be a late summer early fall event 2013 if we get the interest. What do you guys think?

What about land owned by a member? Using that as the location, you might be able to fit most of what you'd want to do in.

That's a great idea. Anyone know someone or have a lot of private land we could use for a get together? I have put out some feelers here but nothing yet. Trying to get some of my PA friends to let us use their hunting land but no answer yet. If anybody knows anyone or can think of anything let me know, because I know PA would be far for a lot of you and I would like to find something in the middle of the country to try to be fair to everyone.

We have a farm with acreage, but we are in the middle of nowhere in Missouri.

Yeah but that is kind of in the middle sort of between everyone? How much room do you have? Could we set up a tactical range of 0-50 meters and shoot live rounds? We could set up a campsite with a main tent for classes and meetings, and set other things up throughout the property. Would this be ok, is your property big enough, and would we have a problem with neighbors etc? Let me know and everyone else put in your 2 cents as well. I am still searching on my end as well.

I need to talk to my husband and the rest of the family, as well as our insurance company. There's enough room. One big thing, no alcohol or recreational drugs. Period. If we do it here, I don't want this to turn into a good ol' boys weekend, I'd want families involved as well. Live rounds aren't an issue as long as people are responsible; we have livestock.

Latest posts

Back