Meeting/Rally Points

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya fun stuff, been going since i was like 14, i know the area pritty well too, theres cliffs anywhere from 20 to 65 feet, but ive seen/heard of people that dont know what their doing up there get badly hurt and have to get helicoptered out, that part wouldnt be to fun
I see it on channel 2, 4, and 7 when some dumb ### wipes them self out up there or gets lost

well in 1 jump area theres 2 spots 1 up front and 1 about a hour hike (half hour for experts of the terraine) down river to the big jump, the 1st jumps its real hard to hurt yourself on (but not impossable) but going to the back, theres a 60' rope you have to climb to get back to the front, thats where alot get f-ed up, also the water somewhat drys up (still alot, just not good or deep enough for jumping) and people dont realize, if theres barely water up front theres not gonna be more down stream, alot get hurt because of that too

well in 1 jump area theres 2 spots 1 up front and 1 about a hour hike (half hour for experts of the terraine) down river to the big jump, the 1st jumps its real hard to hurt yourself on (but not impossable) but going to the back, theres a 60' rope you have to climb to get back to the front, thats where alot get f-ed up, also the water somewhat drys up (still alot, just not good or deep enough for jumping) and people dont realize, if theres barely water up front theres not gonna be more down stream, alot get hurt because of that too
i also don't do heights.

its really not that bad if you have someone experienced with you, the first jumps are like only 30' and you can get crazy if you want, i did in my younger...skinnier years but i mainly just jump now, its quite fun, and the height thing... its really not that high (the 1st jump) once you get past that the adrenilen will keep you coming back for more!

I
its really not that bad if you have someone experienced with you, the first jumps are like only 30' and you can get crazy if you want, i did in my younger...skinnier years but i mainly just jump now, its quite fun, and the height thing... its really not that high (the 1st jump) once you get past that the adrenilen will keep you coming back for more!
I did go bungee jumping twice. It was a 75 foot jump with an airbag underneath rated for a 100 foot.

lmao, ill d0 the fair before ill do some just waaay high place though, at least the fair (and the place you mentioned) have a air bag at the bottom!

I was thinking of like minded people, such as ourselves, putting together a trip where everyone might like to get together and meet in person, kind of a Sturgis for Preppers if you will.
Love the vision... except we in this neck of the woods prefer Daytona Bike Week to the Sturgis Swap Meet :).

Location would be a bear... because the US is just so huge. I really love the idea and your vision to make this a "Must Attend" event... Hey, maybe have something spectacular like what I heard they do at Burning Man... at the end of the event they set fire to a HUGE wooden figure. I know... I'm just throwing ideas out there.

I'd love to attend something like this. I would really love to try different products the manufacturers produce (storage meals come to mind... I would hate to spend some major money and then hate their food), attend workshops and meet some of the people on the forum.

It's fun to let the mind run wild on things like this (I just hope afterward my mind comes back).

I am curious to your thoughts about meeting other preppers in a "camping" trip.

I am hopping something like this could grow into members forming communities should something happen and we have bug out from where ever we currently find ourselves.

Please share on here if you are interested, and where you think a good meeting/rally point would be.
What about some place on the Right coast? Around Atlanta (it was good enough for filming "The Walking Dead") is Stone Mountain. I am very partial to Florida (any where but the Miami/Dade County area).

I have to say though as I write ... the best area would be.... are you ready for it???? Texas. Think about it, it is in the middle of the US, they are very prepper friendly, preppers/survivalist would not be viewed as freaks like they might on the Left Coast, got to love the food (BBQ, TexMex, etc...), there is plenty of land, it would probably be little to no red tape for Weapon vendors.

I know this is your vision... I don't want to run away with this. So stop me if I go off in the wrong direction.

Bunjee jumping NOPE not me, parachuting I would be all game, If something goes wrong I want to have time to put my hands in my pockets and hope someone atleast gets a good pick of me trying to be a lawn dart.
Lol I almost pissed my self reading this.

Have we come up with anything for a meet and greet situation yet? I am located in Ohio and would be willing to travel a few states either way for something like this... I could go as far west as Kansas, as far south as Tennessee (maybe even texas since we have military friends there that we would like to visit with also so it'd be a double whammy) and as far east as the coast lol

Awesome idea....Im in Florida...so i would b partial to meet here...but Texas or Atlanta would also b great meeting place....Stone Mountain is beautiful...

Love the vision... except we in this neck of the woods prefer Daytona Bike Week to the Sturgis Swap Meet :).

Location would be a bear... because the US is just so huge. I really love the idea and your vision to make this a "Must Attend" event... Hey, maybe have something spectacular like what I heard they do at Burning Man... at the end of the event they set fire to a HUGE wooden figure. I know... I'm just throwing ideas out there.

I'd love to attend something like this. I would really love to try different products the manufacturers produce (storage meals come to mind... I would hate to spend some major money and then hate their food), attend workshops and meet some of the people on the forum.

It's fun to let the mind run wild on things like this (I just hope afterward my mind comes back).
What about some place on the Right coast? Around Atlanta (it was good enough for filming "The Walking Dead") is Stone Mountain. I am very partial to Florida (any where but the Miami/Dade County area).

I have to say though as I write ... the best area would be.... are you ready for it???? Texas. Think about it, it is in the middle of the US, they are very prepper friendly, preppers/survivalist would not be viewed as freaks like they might on the Left Coast, got to love the food (BBQ, TexMex, etc...), there is plenty of land, it would probably be little to no red tape for Weapon vendors.

I know this is your vision... I don't want to run away with this. So stop me if I go off in the wrong direction.
Feel free to throw your ideas out there! I would love to some how get everyone together.
However, I'm not sure how many are financially able to make a trip of this size.

Latest posts

Back